Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2021 Mirage

1. Back To Top    #21
    Vehicle
    2021 Mitsubishi Mirage G4

Re: 2021 Mirage

I recall a car that did horns that way, i think it was a forbid or something. Not sure I'd want to blend the midbass with that... I played a lot with large diameter compression drivers but never found the right vehicle. I talked to someone with an old Studebaker pickup about going that route.
    I've got farther to go to integrate with the car interior. Results are promising. The stage is good all around and imaging is solid and focused with the xover / phase adjustments I've done. Its good enough that I'm excited by the potential and how the plan is working out yet happy enough to be less motivated to finish.

2. Back To Top    #22
    Vehicle

I figured I'd list some of the attributes I'm after that I'm noticing at this point.
    Wider soundstage
    Bigger sweet spot for imaging, head and seat position, etc.
    Dynamic sound without loss of detail
    Enjoy any type of music

After a few pieces at in place my inspiration should be clear.

3. Back To Top    #23
    Vehicle

Well finally getting back to work after a few weeks off. Pulled the K2P's out of the doors and put OEM back in to fill the hole. Paper cone with ribbed surround might give Purifi a run for their money. If I'm lacking midbass I just might have to parallel these bad boys...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20220710_122410.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	197.6 KB 
ID:	17570

4. Back To Top    #24
    Vehicle

Had a million things come up and hasn't made much progress until i got the message that someone dropped out of the Top 35 at SVR. I was on the waiting list and took it. I'm looking forward to to quality judging evaluating this experiment.
    Speaking of waiting I still don't have the machine waveguides. I'm out of time so plastic ( now black instead of yellow) WG will have to do so i can start tuning.

Name:	IMG_20220716_193654_01.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	203.5 KB 
ID:	17597
    I measured each channel and refined the levels and delays. Luckily the work i did on the xovers previously looks like it will save me some time. The response is pretty linear without any EQ.

Name:	IMG_20220717_185030_01.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	124.0 KB 
ID:	17598
    I'll have 3 nights to play with it before i leave so hopefully a good starting point means i won't embarrass myself.

5. Back To Top    #25
    Vehicle

Back from SVR. Really glad I went, meet some really great guys and listened to some really good cars. I also got some tips on how to make Dirac work for me with my tuning by ear and tweaking style and look forward to star playing with EQ.
    Now that my daughter has all the data for her school project I have to make a few decisions.
    1st order of business is sound deadening followed by some real tuning. The big question is power. The Harmony 8x12 gave me just enough to get through judging, they actually had to pull out the db meet to check. I can probably squeeze 110db out of it before it gets ugly. It is also a rollerskate that doesn't provide for much of an electrical system or space. Do I try to get everything I can from it then figure out what power i need or go with something like the AV5.1K?
    Add it sits I have the tweeters down ~15db so there is plenty of headroom on those channels but none on the others with 40w going to each VC. I'd like to have ~200W to each mid since they are aperiodic and the 4 ohm DVC sub would be happy with 400W.
    Part of me wants to take on the challenge of making this little box work and party days it would be do much better with more juice. The above mentioned Audison send like a great option, i need 10W to drive tweeters so should stay Class A. 1000W for sub is lots of headroom and efficient. 140W is much better than 40W especially when the other amp channels aren't working very hard.
    I welcome any opinions and suggestions.

6. Back To Top    #26
    Real Name
    Brian
    Vehicle
    2020 Subaru Outback XT

Hi Bill, it was a pleasure to meet you and your family at SVR. I was in the black Subaru Outback. Those Purifi Midbass speakers had the best articulation of the day. Get some power and timing to those and you will be a strong force. Brian.

7. Back To Top    #27
    Vehicle

Great meeting you too Brian. I'm going to help someone tune a system this weekend that has a ton of mosconi power so it will be an amp audition for me while shaking done if the rust off my ears. My wife actually wants me to upgrade so I need to take advantage before she comes to her senses. Really need some cooler weather or an air conditioner garage to tune in when i have time. Did you up your midbass a little bit?

8. Back To Top    #28
    Real Name
    Alan
    Vehicle
    2018 Chevy Silverado Z-71

Nice meeting you and your family, Bill. I hope to see you in the lanes again

9. Back To Top    #29
    Vehicle

You too Al. You have the best road trip vehicle ever!

10. Back To Top    #30
    Vehicle

After SVR I decided to add some power for that much needed headroom. AS200.4 and 300.2
    Just need to fit them in my roller skate. Have some ideas and will do some sound deadening when i run wiring this time.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20220810_174920_01.jpg 
Views:	145 
Size:	300.5 KB 
ID:	17692Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20220810_174920_01.jpg 
Views:	145 
Size:	300.5 KB 
ID:	17692