Thread: Getting back into it

1. Back To Top    #1
    Vehicle
    2021 Mitsubishi Mirage G4

Getting back into it

I competed through the 90's to about 2005 and still have the last car I built then though I never listen to or drive it...
    Did a few systems and really got into tuning again and decided after 17 years away I'd start putting something simple together for myself. Everyone here knows how that goes... Even entertaining the thought of competing again if there is anything nearby and I can find the time.

look forward to contributing and catching up.
    Bill

2. Back To Top    #2
    Real Name
    Supreme Lord Ruler
    Vehicle
    2019 Toyota Avalon

Re: Getting back into it

Wilkommen.....Looking forward to hearing some stories and would love to know more about the cars you competed with and the equipment if you are ever so moved.

Quote Originally Posted by Impossible Bill View Post
    I competed through the 90's to about 2005 and still have the last car I built then though I never listen to or drive it...
    Did a few systems and really got into tuning again and decided after 17 years away I'd start putting something simple together for myself. Everyone here knows how that goes... Even entertaining the thought of competing again if there is anything nearby and I can find the time.

look forward to contributing and catching up.
    Bill
    A man cannot become a hero until he can see the root of his downfall

3. Back To Top    #3
    Real Name
    Daniel
    Vehicle
    We don't talk about it

Welcome to the best mobile audio forum on the interweb!!!
    Are you not entertained?!?!

4. Back To Top    #4
    Vehicle
    2021 Mitsubishi Mirage G4

I go way back and had a shop in NJ called Sounds Impossible. We built a bunch of IASCA finalists and our customers won plenty of trophies in the NE region and regional events.
    I had a 1994 Acura Legend Coupe that I drove to shows with our group of competitors. I competed with the stock system to support the local shows and threw in a modest system for SBN with inventory on hand and surprisingly won. redid the car the week before finals and took 2nd to the Focal car that won IASCA European championship by .6 points. That car had a huge number of their small subwoofers in the hatch IIRC. Unfortunately that car was totaled parked at the shop by a Ram that lost control in the rain.
    Bought an Evo VIII and built a system that ended up in the Zapco booth at SBN the next year and left car audio shortly afterwards. That car is a time machine that is basically unchanged now. 21K miles on it, Illusion IB 15" on steel baffle. 6.5" kicks and tweeters in the pillars. Zapco amps are built into 4G63 valve covers with their Original DSP.
    Have a Mitsubishi Mirage g4 now as a DD that I spend a lot of time in and want to keep it simple since its a driveway install and time is still limited. the car audio scene isn't what it used to be but its good to find a group of purists still exists!

5. Back To Top    #5
    Real Name
    Supreme Lord Ruler
    Vehicle
    2019 Toyota Avalon

All of that sounds pretty sick Bill!

Quote Originally Posted by Impossible Bill View Post
    I go way back and had a shop in NJ called Sounds Impossible. We built a bunch of IASCA finalists and our customers won plenty of trophies in the NE region and regional events.
    I had a 1994 Acura Legend Coupe that I drove to shows with our group of competitors. I competed with the stock system to support the local shows and threw in a modest system for SBN with inventory on hand and surprisingly won. redid the car the week before finals and took 2nd to the Focal car that won IASCA European championship by .6 points. That car had a huge number of their small subwoofers in the hatch IIRC. Unfortunately that car was totaled parked at the shop by a Ram that lost control in the rain.
    Bought an Evo VIII and built a system that ended up in the Zapco booth at SBN the next year and left car audio shortly afterwards. That car is a time machine that is basically unchanged now. 21K miles on it, Illusion IB 15" on steel baffle. 6.5" kicks and tweeters in the pillars. Zapco amps are built into 4G63 valve covers with their Original DSP.
    Have a Mitsubishi Mirage g4 now as a DD that I spend a lot of time in and want to keep it simple since its a driveway install and time is still limited. the car audio scene isn't what it used to be but its good to find a group of purists still exists!
    A man cannot become a hero until he can see the root of his downfall

6. Back To Top    #6
    Real Name
    James
    Vehicle
    2016 Ram Lonestar