Thread: Hello from Texas! Stuck in the present, taking it back to the past.

1. Back To Top    #1

Hello from Texas! Stuck in the present, taking it back to the past.

I just discovered this forum in my searches for vintage Pioneer car audio catalogs lol. Any how, the only "system" I ever put together was 20 years ago in my first car (1999 Mustang). Nothing too serious but was running Infinity Reference coaxial speakers, autotek amps, 12" audiobahn bass tube, and factory cassette and cd player.

Since then the cars came and went but I never upgraded the audio in them. Last year I purchased a 1992 Jeep Comanche. It had a newer single DIN Kenwood HU with BT, USB, etc, Polk DB 5.25" coaxials in the front doors, and best of all an ADS PS5.2 amp!

I added some sound deadening to the doors and upgraded my front stage to Polk DB 5.25" components. I also add a powered 8" MTX sub to help round out the lower end. Overall I have been quite pleased with this set up, however I have found myself longing for a system that is a bit more period correct to the truck.

My thoughts are that I would keep the ADS amp and go from there. Last week I picked up a NIB ADS AX2 two way active crossover locally off CL, I also acquired a NIB Pioneer CDX-M12 cd changer. Now I need to find a Pioneer Cassette HU with the M Bus interface that will control the CD changer, and ideally another ADS 2 channel amp that I can bridge for a sub.

So far I am enjoying the hunt for these items and look forward to getting them installed in the truck!

2. Back To Top    #2
    Real Name
    James
    Vehicle
    2016 Ram Lonestar

Re: Hello from Texas! Stuck in the present, taking it back to the past.

from Texas