Thread: Not sure where to ask, but does anyone here do fiberglass fabrication as a service?

1. Back To Top    #1

Not sure where to ask, but does anyone here do fiberglass fabrication as a service?

Not sure where to ask, but does anyone here do fiberglass fabrication as a service? I'm looking to have some a-pillar pods made for my car and my skills are NOT up to par...and Parkinson's makes everything a little more "fun" to attempt. I'm not looking for world-class, but from what I'm seeing here, most of you guys are years ahead of my fiberglassing skills. Anybody out there know a guy?

Looking for something like this...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	img_6119_4604c75a3d14703e0c2acb2e7bce771a71acd36b.jpg 
Views:	122 
Size:	174.5 KB 
ID:	16959

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Not sure where to ask, but does anyone here do fiberglass fabrication as a servic

Quote Originally Posted by munkittrick View Post
    Not sure where to ask, but does anyone here do fiberglass fabrication as a service? I'm looking to have some a-pillar pods made for my car and my skills are NOT up to par...and Parkinson's makes everything a little more "fun" to attempt. I'm not looking for world-class, but from what I'm seeing here, most of you guys are years ahead of my fiberglassing skills. Anybody out there know a guy?

Looking for something like this...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	img_6119_4604c75a3d14703e0c2acb2e7bce771a71acd36b.jpg 
Views:	122 
Size:	174.5 KB 
ID:	16959
    You'll want to find someone local.
    The real risk would be that you'd go to pop them on and they would not fit because they'd hit the windshield, or the driver would set back too deep.

A local fabricator can see things in person, take odd measurements, and do test fittings of rough assemblies.

It wouldn't be IMPOSSIBLE to do remotely, but would be smart to pay to have the pillars with the rough fabrication only shipped back to you so you can test fit the panels and push the drivers in so you can make sure they fit, then ship them back to your guy to finish them.

Easier if it's a local guy who can just pop by or have you meet him.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Not sure where to ask, but does anyone here do fiberglass fabrication as a servic

You’d need the car to build those, you won’t find anyone to take that job on without the car present, local for that 100%

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by geolemon View Post
    You'll want to find someone local.
    The real risk would be that you'd go to pop them on and they would not fit because they'd hit the windshield, or the driver would set back too deep.

A local fabricator can see things in person, take odd measurements, and do test fittings of rough assemblies.

It wouldn't be IMPOSSIBLE to do remotely, but would be smart to pay to have the pillars with the rough fabrication only shipped back to you so you can test fit the panels and push the drivers in so you can make sure they fit, then ship them back to your guy to finish them.

Easier if it's a local guy who can just pop by or have you meet him.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk
    Thanks so much. I was leaning toward this to begin with, but thought maybe someone out there had made a set before.

5. Back To Top    #5

Where are you? Maybe someone here knows a local guy to you.

6. Back To Top    #6
    Vehicle
    Swedish Wagon

Also, what car do you have? I vaguely recall @skizer was able to do some pillars remotely (if it was a car that he had worked on before, essentially he would have a mold available), but I am not sure if he still does that, possibly, likely too busy and additionally, it's a slim chance that he would have a same model / year car to use. Might be worth a PM to him though to check, otherwise, as above, you'll need someone local.
    Another white wagon.
    Instagram - eye_take_pix