Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: 2016 Audi S6 SQ build

1. Back To Top    #31

Re: 2016 Audi S6 SQ build

some updates on the trunk build: All the trim pieces are complete and the whole floor is put together: The main body has valcona leather with diamond stitching that matches the seats in the car. The trim pieces are in alcantara to match the trim in the door cards.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	trunk stitching.jpg 
Views:	114 
Size:	107.1 KB 
ID:	17116Click image for larger version. 

Name:	trunk trim pieces.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	87.1 KB 
ID:	17117Click image for larger version. 

Name:	trunk window trim.JPG 
Size:	247.6 KB 
ID:	17118

2. Back To Top    #32

Once the panel was completed, I was able to set up the LED lighting on the platform in the shape of a 'hockey rink' that surrounds the platform. The lighting is wired to the OEM trunk light, so it switched on whenever the trunk is opened.

Name:	trunk floor light test.jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	172.3 KB 
ID:	17119Click image for larger version. 

Name:	trunk floor lit without panel.jpg 
Size:	129.3 KB 
ID:	17120

3. Back To Top    #33

With the lighting and the display panel completed, the display panel was then installed. Now just waiting on a window to be cut, and then an insert made to protect the window when needed. This entire display panel can be easily removed and replaced with the OEM floor as desired to carry cargo.

Name:	trunk build daylight.jpg 
Views:	124 
Size:	277.4 KB 
ID:	17121Click image for larger version. 

Name:	trunk final.jpg 
Views:	124 
Size:	91.9 KB 
ID:	17122Click image for larger version. 

Name:	trunk floor out.JPG 
Views:	125 
Size:	559.6 KB 
ID:	17123

4. Back To Top    #34
    Real Name
    Alan
    Vehicle
    2018 Chevy Silverado Z-71

Wow...that looks awesome. Did you do the stitching?

5. Back To Top    #35
    Real Name
    Eric

Quote Originally Posted by BigAl205 View Post
    Wow...that looks awesome. Did you do the stitching?
    Agreed, looks great. I've been looking for OEM Audi materials in the same color combo, but haven't had any luck... can you link to where you got yours please?

6. Back To Top    #36

Thanks, no, I'm not nearly that talented. My upholstery guy out here in Olympia does meticulous work. He did my dash and door cards as well over the past year and half.

7. Back To Top    #37

Of course. Valcona leather and stitching to match the interior was obtained through Hyde's leather in Canada. https://hydesleather.com/search?type...q=audi+valcona
    I sourced the alcantara from Relicate in NY. https://relicate.com/products/alcant...30750009032784

8. Back To Top    #38

Quote Originally Posted by mumbles View Post
    Agreed, looks great. I've been looking for OEM Audi materials in the same color combo, but haven't had any luck... can you link to where you got yours please?

Of course. Valcona leather and stitching to match the interior was obtained through Hyde's leather in Canada. https://hydesleather.com/search?type...q=audi+valcona
    I sourced the alcantara from Relicate in NY. https://relicate.com/products/alcant...30750009032784

9. Back To Top    #39
    Real Name
    Eric

I actually stumbled across your build thread on Audizine where you mentioned Hydes, so thank you for supplying the info here as well!

10. Back To Top    #40

Quote Originally Posted by mumbles View Post
    I actually stumbled across your build thread on Audizine where you mentioned Hydes, so thank you for supplying the info here as well!
    You’re welcome- both vendors are very responsive- make sure you ask for various samples of different shades for eaxh type of material- I found that what I see on my screen and what arrives at the doorstep tend to be off by a shade or 2 (screen usually a shade darker than the actual material).