I don't remember the year of this install, but it was current gear - so if you are enough of an old RF fan to be able to date the gear, you can date the install.

The owner just wanted a cool install, and gave pretty much free reign to do whatever on a limited budget, so me and a buddy of mine came up with this idea.

Two things were fun about this one -
  1. The trunk opening curves at the back where the trunk lid lifts up, so we made the sub box curve to match.
  2. The amp rack is suspended from the trunk lid.

I love the simplicity of this one.
Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3811.JPG 
Views:	107 
Size:	172.3 KB 
ID:	16824

Name:	IMG_3810.JPG 
Views:	91 
Size:	175.6 KB 
ID:	16821

Name:	IMG_3812.JPG 
Views:	92 
Size:	197.9 KB 
ID:	16822

Name:	IMG_3814.JPG 
Views:	87 
Size:	181.9 KB 
ID:	16823

We upholstered the lid the best we could to hide the wiring, and this was before techflex so wire loom was all we had.
You might spot the vice grips helping hold the trunk lid up - we just finished the install, and there were stronger struts (hatch struts) ordered. With the stock struts, the slightest breeze would drop the trunk lid on your head. Ask me how I know.

I love that it has struts rather than trunk arms, which makes for a clean wall with no holes through it. Despite that, there's enough of a gap that the bass would pass into the interior just fine. The sides of the beauty panel had a ton of small holes drilled in it, before I carpeted it.