Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Swapped the TWK-88 for the Helix DSP.3 and strange things happen

1. Back To Top    #11

Re: Swapped the TWK-88 for the Helix DSP.3 and strange things happen

Quote Originally Posted by Eatmore Bacon View Post
    Its done. Took a bit of going back and forth between the DSP input sensitivity and the amp gains but I have a happy medium. Tweeter and mid gains are only increase about 20% from the minimum setting. DSP level has been reduced from about 70% to about 40% from the minimum setting. I tested all channels with their specific tone with max volume before distortion. I haven't had the tune done yet but it already sounds pretty darn good.
    Why do you feel the need to increase amp gains and reduce signal into the amp? (You can get the same power but reduce noise in the system also) That’s not a good gain structure, reset the gains at minimum and increase signal in, you should always reduce gains first not signal in to get the signal to noise of the system as good as can be

its easy to do, just use a multimeter, measure at a set head unit level the output of the amp, then reduce gains and then increase signal from the dsp until the voltage matches once more, simple

2. Back To Top    #12

Is this to be done for all channels or just pick a channel? Record voltage readings on every channel and confirm after setting the DSP by the first channel?

Edit- Never mind. The output of the DsP should be the same across all channels, now that I think about it. And if my thought process is correct I can do this on the tweeters which should have the least amount of gain in my system and then reset the remaining gains with my oscilloscope from there.
    Last edited by Eatmore Bacon; 01-23-2022 at 04:56 PM.

3. Back To Top    #13

I did as dumdum described. The decrease in gain was .08 volts so it was already really close. Thanks for the info dumdum.