Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Best Car For Audio

1. Back To Top    #21
    Real Name
    Brian
    Vehicle
    2020 Subaru Outback XT

Re: Best Car For Audio

I did not bypass the factory amp. I use the factory Headunit and amp to go high level into the Helix Ultra. I also use Digital directly to the Helix Ultra. The Helix Ultra does such a good job of factory integration that it almost sounds half decent compared to direct digital input.

2. Back To Top    #22
    Real Name
    Supreme Lord Ruler
    Vehicle
    2019 Toyota Avalon

Thanks for the input. I'm running through my factory amp as well but i'm unsure if it's giving me hell or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Stycker View Post
    I did not bypass the factory amp. I use the factory Headunit and amp to go high level into the Helix Ultra. I also use Digital directly to the Helix Ultra. The Helix Ultra does such a good job of factory integration that it almost sounds half decent compared to direct digital input.
    A man cannot become a hero until he can see the root of his downfall

3. Back To Top    #23

For best platform, the quality I would look for is the least amount of "stuff" below the dash in the center, and as open as possible for the center console. Ideally, none. The most annoying thing to deal with in a car IMO is filtering at 800 Hz because of the distance between the door panel and the center console on each side.

After that I want a chair that slides back a good distance so the speakers are not 18 inches away from my face.

Other good to haves is an exhaust that is silent below 3k rpm and motor mounts that transmit zero vibration at idle.

4. Back To Top    #24
    Real Name
    Eric

You don't know how many times I've wanted to ask this same question... kinda funny that you choose a car based on it's stereo potential, but I for one get it.

I agree with @nadams5755 on desired speaker sizes/locations. Are you absolutely tied to that headunit? Integration, once you get used to it is really nice. Anyway, one car I looked at seriously is the Infiniti q50/q60 because of the dash locations and the fact that you can put 10" midbass speakers in the doors... a big plus. Here is a spec list;
    https://usa.infinitinews.com/en-US/r...s-audio-system

Another vehicle that comes to mind is the Toyota Camry. I've listened to one vehicle that had ARC 3" mids in the dash and 1" tweets in the sail panels and the imaging and staging was one of the best I've heard... it also ran an IB sub.

5. Back To Top    #25

By the way, I’ve always wanted a mid or rear engine car not only for track but so I could put a 6th order bandpass sub in the frunk and pipe in the up front bass.

6. Back To Top    #26
    Vehicle
    2015 Toyota Camry XSE V6

Quote Originally Posted by mumbles View Post

Another vehicle that comes to mind is the Toyota Camry. I've listened to one vehicle that had ARC 3" mids in the dash and 1" tweets in the sail panels and the imaging and staging was one of the best I've heard... it also ran an IB sub.

You've gotta be referring to Ryan's 2015 Camry XLE V6 - (He'd be mad if I didn't include the v6 part )
    https://www.diymobileaudio.com/threa...303082/page-15

He helped A TON with the setup in my 2015 Camry XSE V6, and car audio information in general. My Camry has a very similar setup to his - same front stage locations, different sub setup. I've never heard Ryans car in person, but I'm very happy with the way mine sounds, so I can only image how great his setup is.

(I also need to add that Nick A. set me up with a world class tune and has spent a monumental amount of time helping me.

7. Back To Top    #27
    Real Name
    Eric

I am, in fact, referring to Ryans Camry! That thing was scary open and airy, he has done a remarkable job tuning and if I weren't so old, I'd move to NY and have him tune my car LOL!

8. Back To Top    #28
    Real Name
    Todd
    Vehicle
    2014 Toyota Avalon

I’ve heard Ryan’s Camry as well, although it was about 3 years ago or so (possibly longer) at Ian’s GTG. I’m sure it’s not even the same equipment at this point but it was still very impressive then so if it’s done nothing but improve from there it’s gotta be nice. For that reason a Camry was on my list of cars.

It might be a while until I actually pull the trigger on a new car due to used car prices being at a premium right now. If my Malibu actually dies then I’ll deal with it but at this point I’m willing to put a few more dollars into keeping it on the road… for now. But if the right car at the right price presents itself I may bite.

9. Back To Top    #29
    Real Name
    Eric

I heard it at the '21 Pulaski meet and was blown away... really enjoyed the overall sound about as much as any system I've heard.

Speaking of meets, will you be coming to Jasons NC meet in May?

10. Back To Top    #30
    Real Name
    Todd
    Vehicle
    2014 Toyota Avalon

At this point I’m planning to be there.