Thread: Upgrading my audio but don't know if I'll get the same sound "profile".

1. Back To Top    #1

Upgrading my audio but don't know if I'll get the same sound "profile".

Hi all and thank you in advance for your thoughts...
    I have a 2021 Ram with the alpine sound system. I enjoy the amount of bass that comes out of my front doors but I wanted more bass and more power.
    I have my truck in the shop installing a JL Audio (2) 12in SW stealth box paired with a Alpine X-A90M amp, and Sony XS-162ES front door speakers, Sony XS-160ES rear door speakers powered by a Alpine X-A70F.
    My question is, will they be able to duplicate the sound profile I get currently and just amplify the power and bass? I recently got my wife's truck done with the same front speakers and a 12in kicker L7 box. I hate the setup. All the bass is in the back and the front just sounds like highs. It kicks but it's just not balanced?
    TIA
    Last edited by Mikeems911; 01-14-2022 at 10:24 PM.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Real Name
    Jacob
    Vehicle
    2014 F150 Limited

Re: Upgrading my audio but don't know if I'll get the same sound "profile".

Dsp and you'll get better than you had. Same with your wife's. A dsp is necessary if you are using factory install locations.
    2014 F150 Limited -> Kenwood DDX-9907xr -> Helix DSP.2 -> Alpine PDX-V9 -> SI M25 mki in Valicar Stuttgart Pods, Rear SB17's, Sub SI BM MKV's in MTI BOX. Alpine PDX-F6 -> SI Tm65 mkIV, SI M3 mkI in Valicar Stuttgart Pods