Vehicle
    2015 Armada

The 7 Bad System Dwarfs

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	7 Bad System Dwarfs.PNG 
Views:	1816 
Size:	563.9 KB 
ID:	16772

I was doing some reading on Rational Acoustics site today and came across this little gem and thought i would share

Let’s meet them:

Tubby. Low, slow and rarely on the go, but a formidable ally for getting a house rockin’ – when Tubby gets out of control, he has a bad habit of rolling around the bottom of your system and squashing everything.

Muddy. Sure, you can hear him…but WHAT is he saying? And while it is true that he can be warm and embracing when you first meet him, Muddy is also the dwarf that always seems to overstay his welcome.

Boxy. This guy certainly doesn’t suffer from claustrophobia. Boxy loves the congestion of enclosed spaces and is often criticized for his lack of openness. Given the chance, Boxy would remove all letters from your system’s alphabet besides the vowels “a,” “o” and “u.”

Honky. A long-time supporter and admirer of Charlie Brown’s teacher, this little loudmouth likes to lend even the most well-behaved system that lovely “paging horn” sound. Honky’s one ambition in life is to show off your system’s horns – even when you would rather he didn’t.

Barky. Never shy about giving you a piece of his mind, Barky can be aggressive about getting his point across. And mind his bite – you definitely don’t want this little guy to “sit” and “stay” in your system.

Edgy. A known associate of lead guitarists and harmonica-wielding frontmen, Edgy has been known to display some serious “anger management issues.” Spend too much time with this sharp, irritable little fellow and your ears just may need a valium.

Sibilant. Known to frequent clubs and discos with his pal Tubby, Sibilant is a great lover of all that “sizzles.” Unfortunately too much is often never enough for this high-strung dwarf. To be honest, we don’t even know if this little guy is from planet Earth. Seriously, just look at him!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	7 Bad System Dwarfs.PNG 
Views:	118 
Size:	277.3 KB 
ID:	16771  

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: The 7 Bad System Dwarfs

I love it.

Keep them in mind when picking reference music for DSP tuning.

Oh yeah - why's Honky gotta be a white dwarf?

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

3. Back To Top    #3
    Real Name
    Brian
    Vehicle
    2020 Subaru Outback XT

I finally kicked Muddy out of my car. He was really starting to annoy me.

4. Back To Top    #4
    Real Name
    Jacob
    Vehicle
    2014 F150 Limited

And saved to my folder of fun audio images
    2014 F150 Limited -> Kenwood DDX-9907xr -> Helix DSP.2 -> Alpine PDX-V9 -> SI M25 mki in Valicar Stuttgart Pods, Rear SB17's, Sub SI BM MKV's in MTI BOX. Alpine PDX-F6 -> SI Tm65 mkIV, SI M3 mkI in Valicar Stuttgart Pods

5. Back To Top    #5
    Real Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    2016 Ram

Most of us have fed tubby too many beans at one point or another. Fun at first then he just starts to stink.
    They might say "don't try this at home" but nothing about not trying it at your friend's house.