Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1960 VW Double Cab

1. Back To Top    #11

Re: 1960 VW Double Cab

Quote Originally Posted by Boosted54 View Post
    Wow man a full on restoration. Most dont understand how much work it is to go that deep. Looking forward to seeing the progress.
    Thanks. It has been rebuilt from the ground up. No bondo, only liquid metal. Rusted body panels, including the floor were replaced. The transmission, suspension and brakes are new or have been upgraded.

As regards audio, I particularly like your choice of front stage midbass, midrange and tweeters locations as well as the rear fill. The headunit looks right at home. I am yet to make up my mind on the equipment though leaning towards an old skool SQL setup to with a modern DSP twist, maybe even an iPad and DAC to spice it up. We will see.

2. Back To Top    #12

@boosted54 this is amazing! You at a shop here in PDX?
    2019 Micro Blue Pearl Kia Stinger GT1 AWD-OEM Harmon Kardon System
    www.markfenskephoto.com

3. Back To Top    #13

Quote Originally Posted by mfenske View Post
    @boosted54 this is amazing! You at a shop here in PDX?

Thanks man. I am in the PDX area but not a public shop. Sounds like you may also be in PDX. kind of aging myself but if you hit any of the IASCA events 98-02 or picked up issues of Auto Sound & Security, Mobile Entertainment Car Stereo Review, MaX Power, Euro Tuner, or Select Products Catalog you may have seen a couple of my completion cars.