Thread: RCA (that are really snug) recommendations?

1. Back To Top    #1
    Vehicle
    Lexus LX 470 (Land Cruiser)

RCA (that are really snug) recommendations?

My system consists of Arc Audio xDI 1200.6 amps and Rockford Fosgate RCA cords. It seems that every month or so, I am having a RCA plug get every so lightly loose in the socket and it creates random noises in my system.

So instead of just blindly buying somemore RCA plugs, I wanted to see if anyone would recommend some really snug fitting ones?

Thank you!

2. Back To Top    #2
    Real Name
    Jacob
    Vehicle
    2014 F150 Limited

Re: RCA (that are really snug) recommendations?

KnuKoncept are almost too tight.
    2014 F150 Limited -> Kenwood DDX-9907xr -> Helix DSP.2 -> Alpine PDX-V9 -> SI M25 mki in Valicar Stuttgart Pods, Rear SB17's, Sub SI BM MKV's in MTI BOX. Alpine PDX-F6 -> SI Tm65 mkIV, SI M3 mkI in Valicar Stuttgart Pods

3. Back To Top    #3
    Vehicle
    2021 Camaro 2SS

I can vouch for the Knu Krystal cables. They don't come loose and are noise free, but you have to be careful taking them off or you could rip the RCA plug right off the board

4. Back To Top    #4

If you don't mind making your own cables you can buy locking rca connectors.
    https://www.parts-express.com/Lockin...-Pair-091-1270

5. Back To Top    #5
    Real Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    2016 Ram

Quote Originally Posted by swrocket View Post
    I can vouch for the Knu Krystal cables. They don't come loose and are noise free, but you have to be careful taking them off or you could rip the RCA plug right off the board
    That happened to me on a Memphis MC300 I had about 15 years ago. Just plugged the rca jack back into the amp and all was fine, lol. This was with the old Karma cables and they seem to use the same ends now. I prefer the Klarity cables because they fit snug but not so snug you risk equipment damage. When cables are so tight you're afraid to unplug them when needed they're TOO FU**ING TIGHT. I run Krystal cables from headunit to processor and Klarity from processor to amps and wish I woulda gotten Klarity for headunit to processor. I wouldn't use REALLY tight fitting cables unless the connectors are tiffany style (I think) that are secured to the case and not just the board itself.
    They might say "don't try this at home" but nothing about not trying it at your friend's house.

6. Back To Top    #6

even for the stamped barrel connectors, you can compress them in a little for a more snug connection.

ideally you'll be looking for a locking connector like linked above. however, they can be quite large and difficult to install in tight spaces like a vehicle. some equipment puts the rca jacks close together and don't accommodate large rca connectors either.

other qualities that tend towards better connections:
    - split center pin
    - cast barrel connection (vs stamped barrel)

the knu krystal RCAs have those qualities.

you don't want the connectors too tight, you could damage the rca jacks on your gear. if they're tight, twist them back and forth to wiggle them off