Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Un garage à la française

1. Back To Top    #61

Re: Un garage à la française

Are your trusses up? Are you shingling it?

2. Back To Top    #62
    Vehicle
    Swedish Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by Notloudenuf View Post
    Sorry dude. It was the right decision to buy when you did. No crystal ball could tell you what they were gonna do.
    Exactly, they could just as easily be $55 a sheet the way things are going lately.

Quote Originally Posted by Theslaking View Post
    Are your trusses up? Are you shingling it?
    Nope, not yet. Hopefully soon those will be up though, as for shingling, yes, it will be shingled, I am debating doing it myself. Never done it before, but I can't help but think that it can't be that difficult either.
    Another white wagon.
    Instagram - eye_take_pix

3. Back To Top    #63
    Real Name
    Kendal
    Vehicle
    '02 330Ci & '20 Tacoma

Its been 2 weeks or so. Are you done yet?
    https://www.caraudiojunkies.com/signaturepics/sigpic150_2.gif
    2002 330Ci & 2020 Tacoma

4. Back To Top    #64

Quote Originally Posted by naiku View Post
    Exactly, they could just as easily be $55 a sheet the way things are going lately.

Nope, not yet. Hopefully soon those will be up though, as for shingling, yes, it will be shingled, I am debating doing it myself. Never done it before, but I can't help but think that it can't be that difficult either.
    It's not complicated. I was going to offer to help as I just stayed a few nights about 45 minutes from you. That's why I asked. My son and I could have prepped and shingled it in a
    couple hours. However plans didn't line up for me to offer.

5. Back To Top    #65
    Vehicle
    Swedish Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by Notloudenuf View Post
    Its been 2 weeks or so. Are you done yet?
    Honestly, progress on it is fucking depressingly slow. Concrete was scheduled for June24th, but they ended up pushing it out to July 5th. At this rate, I'm getting nervous on it being ready for the September meet here. Not that I need it completed for that, but it would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Theslaking View Post
    It's not complicated. I was going to offer to help as I just stayed a few nights about 45 minutes from you. That's why I asked. My son and I could have prepped and shingled it in a couple hours. However plans didn't line up for me to offer.
    Dang, wish that would have all worked out!! Just knowing there are people like you out there makes me smile, someone I have never met, outside of a car audio forum, trying to figure out a way they can come help me with my garage, is awesome. I'm still debating doing it myself, no one here is getting back to me with a price, it's ridiculous. I'm half thinking of having someone put up the roof trusses, then get some help with the first row or two of the plywood decking, then doing that and the shingles myself.
    Another white wagon.
    Instagram - eye_take_pix

6. Back To Top    #66
    Vehicle
    Swedish Wagon

Woo the concrete was poured this morning, then as is typical for Virginia a storm rolled in and absolutely poured it down. Thankfully, the guys working on it were prepared and had put a huge tarp type thing over the top (think a makeshift roof) to protect the concrete. I'll grab some pictures later, they have been down there using a power trowel off and on most of the afternoon.
    Another white wagon.
    Instagram - eye_take_pix

7. Back To Top    #67
    Vehicle
    Swedish Wagon

Couple pictures of the concrete, you can sort of see in the center where the rain found it's way in. I'm not hugely concerned over it though, it's a fairly small patch and first, it's a garage, second, I may eventually either put an epoxy coating down or something like racedeck tiles.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PXL_20220707_003246370.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	307.8 KB 
ID:	17563Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PXL_20220707_003308708.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	358.2 KB 
ID:	17564

Something I am debating doing, while the roof is not on and it is nice and open, is using a paint sprayer to paint the inside walls. Probably just white, but it should help to make it a little lighter in there and look a bit better than just cinderblock!
    Another white wagon.
    Instagram - eye_take_pix

8. Back To Top    #68
    Real Name
    Kendal
    Vehicle
    '02 330Ci & '20 Tacoma

Sweet! Glad you have some progress going. I might wait until the roof is on before you spray it. That is just my opinion though. It really shouldn't make much difference either way.
    https://www.caraudiojunkies.com/signaturepics/sigpic150_2.gif
    2002 330Ci & 2020 Tacoma

9. Back To Top    #69
    Vehicle
    Swedish Wagon

I was reading a little about spraying earlier, the stuff I need to use is likely too thick (Drylok) to use with anything but a heavy duty sprayer. I may see about renting a sprayer, but if I end up having to roll/brush it on, then it will definitely be waiting until the roof is on to get started.

Really hoping there are no more delays in getting the roof on, I want to get the Monte Carlo in there and get that back on the road. Plus, I'm sick of looking at a construction site in the backyard.
    Another white wagon.
    Instagram - eye_take_pix

10. Back To Top    #70
    Real Name
    Alan
    Vehicle
    2018 Chevy Silverado Z-71

I used Drylok on mine and had to roll it, but it went on pretty thick and quick. I probably could have gotten by with just one coat, but I did 2 just to even out the color. Make sure to use a heavy nap roller and heavy duty roller frame. A typical painter's frame will snap under the pressure