Swedish Wagon

Re: Un garage à la française

I have light!!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2727053672065373347.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	108.6 KB 
ID:	17864

Not sure I will ever need more than the 10 light fixtures I put in there, with all 10 turned on (I wired them in 2 banks of 5) there is no dark spots anywhere. It's a really nice even light from front to back.

Decided to just take my time and carefully cut off the outer jacket on the UF-B cable, one end was easier than expected, the other end a pain in the ass. But, got that all done and hooked up. Flipped the breaker at the house, walked down the hill, flipped the breakers in the garage and everything works. It's actually pretty awesome having light and power in there, just makes it feel that much closer to finished.

I then took down a wifi extender I had bought and plugged that in, I was a little nervous given that at this point burying a fiber or ethernet line would have sucked. Anyway, plugged it in to an outlet I installed in the ceiling (garage door opener) waited for it to connect and then tried a speed test, still get a little over 100Mbps download speed in the garage, which is plenty.

Gotta chase up a lumber order for the doors and windows, get some siding and paint and call it done (for now). Trying to decide where to mount a TV down there as well, but that sort of thing is no real rush at all.
    Another white wagon.
    Instagram - eye_take_pix

2. Back To Top    #112
    Real Name
    Brian
    Vehicle
    2020 Subaru Outback XT

TV, toilet and a Fridge. What else is needed.

3. Back To Top    #113

If it's a man's garage you only need a funnel with a hose running through the wall and in to the ground.

4. Back To Top    #114
    Vehicle
    Swedish Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by Stycker View Post
    TV, toilet and a Fridge. What else is needed.
    You just reminded me, I have a fridge I need to take down there!

Quote Originally Posted by Theslaking View Post
    If it's a man's garage you only need a funnel with a hose running through the wall and in to the ground.
    Haha perfect.
    Another white wagon.
    Instagram - eye_take_pix

5. Back To Top    #115
    Vehicle
    Swedish Wagon

Busy couple days in the garage...

Name:	IMG_20220916_180452_01.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	236.5 KB 
ID:	17869

Last month for the Hickory, NC meet I had stayed at Nicks house and we were talking about how he wanted to put the orange reflectors back in the headlights, as well as clean some fingerprints I had gotten on the inside of the lens (when I removed the orange reflectors) but that it would take him all day. I mentioned that it would only take about 20 minutes to knock the job out and we could work on it while I have the meet here. Friday afternoon we got started, I forgot how annoying one of the bolts that holds the bumper on can be (it's up behind the fender well, almost beside the headlight, but, the washer reservoir blocks any real access). Anyway, the 20 minute job turned into about a 2.5 hour job.

Later that day I get informed that the 71 Monte Carlo is being delivered Saturday, had to make sure I kept the driveway clear during the meet for that to be delivered.

Name:	20220917_211753.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	256.6 KB 
ID:	17868

The picture really shows how evenly lit it is, pitch black outside, but really nice even light inside.
    Another white wagon.
    Instagram - eye_take_pix

6. Back To Top    #116
    Real Name
    Alan
    Vehicle
    2018 Chevy Silverado Z-71

Nice!

7. Back To Top    #117
    Real Name
    Kendal
    Vehicle
    '02 330Ci & '20 Tacoma

What are you doing to the Mustang and Monte Carlo?
    https://www.caraudiojunkies.com/signaturepics/sigpic150_2.gif
    2002 330Ci & 2020 Tacoma

8. Back To Top    #118
    Vehicle
    Swedish Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by Notloudenuf View Post
    What are you doing to the Mustang and Monte Carlo?
    The Mustang is my middle sons, basically going to be his daily driver. It's a 67, already runs and drives, but so far we have installed power disc brakes and 3 point seat belts. Just picked up an 8" rear end so we can swap out the rear from 4 to 5 lug (front already done as part of the disc upgrade). Outside of making it as safe as possible, not much going on with it.

Monte Carlo was my father in laws, he bought it a few years back, spent a ton of effort getting it to where it is, but is over it (priorities changed). So, we took it on. At this point it really just needs putting back together - body work all done including paint, chassis has all been restored, new suspension and brakes are installed, transmission rebuilt, engine rebuilt except the top (basically, need to decide carb or fuel injection to finish). So, it just needs basically putting back together. Going to start with some sound deadening, then wiring, brake and fuel lines, engine and transmission in, basically get it running, then interior. Comments my wife has made about it (with regards to her Dad) mean at this point it is a family heirloom and never getting sold for any amount of money.
    Another white wagon.
    Instagram - eye_take_pix

9. Back To Top    #119
    Real Name
    Todd
    Vehicle
    2014 Toyota Avalon

Having had multiple classics/muscle cars with carburetors, go fuel injection. Shouldn’t even be a thought. They make them to look very much like carbs to keep the look authentic. Better gas mileage (I get that’s usually not a worry with these cars) and more power. It also helps with adjusting timing on the fly and keeps that gas/exhaust smell to a minimum. Totally worth the added initial expense.

10. Back To Top    #120
    Vehicle
    Swedish Wagon

That's the way in leaning and ultimately will likely swap the Mustang to fuel injection.
    Another white wagon.
    Instagram - eye_take_pix