Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Un garage à la française

1. Back To Top    #91
    Vehicle
    Swedish Wagon

Re: Un garage à la française

Damn, trying to get pricing on a garage door is a headache. I have emailed requesting quotes (via Contact Us for a Quote) button at least 3 times, left messages with 2 places, yet heard nothing back. I can get a price from Home Depot of about $2,500 installed, that includes an opener as well as all the weather stripping etc. But... I have no idea if that is a reasonable price, since no one else is giving me a price. I'd rather use a local company, but at this rate, I am going to be forced to use Home Depot and just hope that is a good price.

I've gotta get something ordered, because the soonest I have seen is an 8 week lead time, I can't get a final inspection completed until the garage door is installed.
    Another white wagon.
    Instagram - eye_take_pix

2. Back To Top    #92
    Real Name
    Kendal
    Vehicle
    '02 330Ci & '20 Tacoma

A garage door is pretty simple to install. You and your son could easily put it together in a Saturday. I put the door, 1.25hp opener, weather stripping and caulking together on lowes.com and it came to $1770+tax. If the Home Depot quote is all of that AND install for $2500 that seems like a reasonable price.
    https://www.caraudiojunkies.com/signaturepics/sigpic150_2.gif
    2002 330Ci & 2020 Tacoma

3. Back To Top    #93
    Vehicle
    Swedish Wagon

I keep thinking I could install it, overall I think they just sort of slot together. But, yeah, for $2,463.99 and not having to mess with it. The approximately $500 of labor may not be too bad. I just hate not being able to get a call back from anyone local.
    Another white wagon.
    Instagram - eye_take_pix

4. Back To Top    #94
    Real Name
    Alan
    Vehicle
    2018 Chevy Silverado Z-71

Have you tried Overhead Door Co? That's who I used

5. Back To Top    #95
    Vehicle
    Swedish Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by BigAl205 View Post
    Yep, they were one of the first ones I tried. We have Overhead Door install the doors on the house, my father in law also recommended them. Emailed them for a quote a few weeks back, heard nothing, called them about 2 weeks ago, spoke to someone who took my details nd said a sales rep would call me back. No one called me back.

Screw it, Home Depot order it is. The lead time has dropped to 6 weeks, I better get on and frame the opening!!

Trying to figure out electric runs currently so I can get that installed. Thinking I'll aim to put 4-6 outlets on each wall, a couple in the ceiling and then enough for 3-4 lighting fixtures. It will be nice pulling wire through a big open building, rather than through a car or over drywall.

Which reminds me, the hot tub I got installed, got killed by a storm last week. Hoping it is just the control panel, since with the breaker on everything runs, but the control panel display is dead and the buttons are unresponsive. But, I get the feeling it is more than just that, as when it is powered up, the pump makes an odd noise that it never used to. It runs, but makes a loud noise about every 30s or so.
    Another white wagon.
    Instagram - eye_take_pix

6. Back To Top    #96
    Real Name
    Kendal
    Vehicle
    '02 330Ci & '20 Tacoma

Quote Originally Posted by BigAl205 View Post
    When I ordered my door through Lowe's; Overhead door is actually who delivered it.
    More than likely you're getting an Overhead Door "brand" through Lowe's/Home Depot.

Maybe someone will take your call today?

Don't wait on contractors to call you back, they rarely do.
    https://www.caraudiojunkies.com/signaturepics/sigpic150_2.gif
    2002 330Ci & 2020 Tacoma

7. Back To Top    #97
    Vehicle
    Swedish Wagon

Well, whoever Home Depot use as a contractor just showed up to measure the opening.

Problem is, I'm not at home.

They're supposed to call and schedule an inspection to go over the install etc. Yeah, no one called. Typical.

Saw a notification on my phone that someone was at the house, then another that they were in new garage, pulled up the camera and see the guy measuring the opening.
    Another white wagon.
    Instagram - eye_take_pix

8. Back To Top    #98
    Vehicle
    Swedish Wagon

Ok, the guy who was here called me, said he was in the area doing other measurements and figured he'd just drop by to take some. Had me verify the size door I wanted as well as confirm I'll have it framed and ready.... Which I best get to. Think I've got most of the lumber required already, need to check though and then get it installed.

Trying to decide on lighting at the moment, was looking at LED panels and getting 2-4 of those, having one where I can set the color temperature will be really nice given my office will be in there.
    Another white wagon.
    Instagram - eye_take_pix

9. Back To Top    #99
    Real Name
    Alan
    Vehicle
    2018 Chevy Silverado Z-71

These are pretty impressive, especially for the price. Unfortunately, there isn't quite enough output for my 12' ceilings, but they might work better on 8'

https://www.amazon.com/5200LM-Integr...eae8f9840&th=1

10. Back To Top    #100
    Vehicle
    Swedish Wagon

That's not a bad price at all, especially for that many. I'd been looking at these - https://www.superbrightleds.com/indu...-light-fixture

My thinking is that with the open trusses, I could create a frame to drop those into using something like 2x4 spanning the trusses (they are designed for drop ceilings, but also have a surface mount frame). But, the question is how many to get, 2 might be plenty for while I am doing office work, but for working on a car having only 2 might mean there are dark areas.
    Another white wagon.
    Instagram - eye_take_pix