Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: Un garage Ó la franšaise

1. Back To Top    #131
    Vehicle
    Swedish Wagon

Re: Un garage Ó la franšaise

I actually looked at that one, surprisingly you can pick one up cheaper on Amazon (even factoring shipping into the cost). I called a place last week and it's $50 for the weekend, Friday through Monday. Just need to decide whether to get it this weekend or not, might be busy Saturday and don't want to end up spending more than $200 total on the rental, otherwise buying that Harbor Freight one will be easier.

Shit though, if they have that one in town, I could start tomorrow. A few panels up each day would be nice.

Edit: Decided to check Facebook marketplace and Craigslist locally, nothing close by other than people asking almost the new price for used ones (and even most of those are at least an hour away).
    Last edited by naiku; 1 Week Ago at 02:25 PM.
    Another white wagon.
    Instagram - eye_take_pix

2. Back To Top    #132
    Vehicle
    Swedish Wagon

Re: Un garage Ó la franšaise

Putting up a drywall ceiling on your own, with no experience, is not fun, having said that...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-20221127-WA0023.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	100.5 KB 
ID:	18120

The job took ages, some pieces I wish were better (cut outs around the garage door motor, couple gaps here and there) but overall, it looks good to me. Putting it up was not fun, I ended up buying a drywall lift. $50 a day to rent one unless it was over the weekend, so I bought one for $250 and figure I'll sell it for $150 or so. It's a frustrating thing to use, the top that the drywall sheets lift on, does not lock, so it constantly rotates, which is a real headache. Up and down the ladder, adjust, repeat, put in a screw and the top rotates slightly meaning your gap is either too big, or it overlaps another piece and has to come down.

Still, it is done. The light improvement is massive, not that the lights were not bright before, but the drywall reflects the light down now. Additionally, once I get the insulation blown in I can put a few sheets of OSB down in the roof space and have a huge amount of extra storage.
    Another white wagon.
    Instagram - eye_take_pix