Thread: New JL Audio Max and Tun 4 software

1. Back To Top    #1
    Vehicle
    16 Jeep Renegade

New JL Audio Max and Tun 4 software

Anyone have any opinions or comments on the new Max or Tun 4 software. If it is what it says it is could be game changing. I downloaded Tun 4 but haven't connected to VXI yet.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: New JL Audio Max and Tun 4 software

I've not used either but they look pretty spectacular.
    2019 Micro Blue Pearl Kia Stinger GT1 AWD-OEM Harmon Kardon System
    www.markfenskephoto.com

3. Back To Top    #3
    Real Name
    Alan
    Vehicle
    2018 Chevy Silverado Z-71

I downloaded the Tun4 last night to play around with. It looks pretty cool, but it doesn't look like you can do much with it just using a USB mic or interface. Unless I'm just using it wrong, you can't do any phase, impulse, or spectrograph unless it detects the Max interface. I don't know of many people who will pay $3500 for that. Now if they would charge a reasonable amount for the Tun4 to work with another interfaces, such and Beringer or Scarlett, I'd be willing to pay for it. Without the Max, it doesn't look like it does any more than REW.

Disclaimer: I don't have the TWK or JL amp with DSP, so there might be more functionality that I can't access in demo mode

4. Back To Top    #4
    Real Name
    Jacob
    Vehicle
    2014 F150 Limited

Ya, the max has some cool features to it, especially if you are selling a bunch of vxi amps at a store and tuning them. I don't think I would ever buy it over SMAART or just using the free open sound meter program as an end user.
    2014 F150 Limited -> Kenwood DDX-9907xr -> Helix DSP.2 -> Alpine PDX-V9 -> SI M25 mki in Valicar Stuttgart Pods, Rear SB17's, Sub SI BM MKV's in MTI BOX. Alpine PDX-F6 -> SI Tm65 mkIV, SI M3 mkI in Valicar Stuttgart Pods