Thread: Career Opportunity(Utilities)

1. Back To Top    #1

Career Opportunity(Utilities)

Well posting this just got me banned at DIYMA so lets see how it goes here.

Apprentice System Operator- IBEW (pge.com)

PG&E is hiring Apprentice Transmission System Operators for their Vacaville, CA Grid Control Center. This position will train you to operate PG&E’s 60-500kV transmission system(Distribution System Operators operate the lower voltage distribution system). You will go through an extremely rigorous program that will end in you becoming a NERC certified system operator. This certification is good for the majority of North America and is required to operate the Bulk Electric System(BES) from Baja Mexico, the USA(not including Hawaii or Alaska) & Canada. PG&E is known to have one of the best training programs in the nation & utilities will actively recruit those who get through it. There is a new 5yr contract to sign if offered the position. The 5yr contract is to not bid another position within PG&E for 5yrs from the date of hire. This does not stop one from taking a position with another company.
    If any on here are interested or have family/friends interested in a position that will be desired across the nation and provide plenty of income for a single income family(yes even in CA) take a look at this one.
    I will have random time throughout the night to answer questions but am also busy completing a couple projects so will be in and out. I apologize in advance for any delayed response.
    Last edited by rmenergy; 10-28-2021 at 05:14 AM. Reason: Link fail

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Career Opportunity(Utilities)

This post went over fairly well on the grappling forum I'm on. Figured there might be someone here with a kid or friend in the military or soon to exit college and enter the workforce. This will be the only bump I'll give this thread unless people show interest.

I'm a NERC certified System Operator at the Reliability level and a current shift supervisor for water & power dispatchers(different entity than PG&E) but know plenty of people in the industry. This really is a solid program that will make one very desirable to recruiters and other utilities in N. America.

Anyway, take care.

3. Back To Top    #3
    Real Name
    Alan
    Vehicle
    2018 Chevy Silverado Z-71

Quote Originally Posted by rmenergy View Post
    Well posting this just got me banned at DIYMA so lets see how it goes here.

Those guys are stupid jerks

4. Back To Top    #4

For real - banned for trying to give somebody a job? FFS. Good on ya!

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by rob feature View Post
    For real - banned for trying to give somebody a job? FFS. Good on ya!
    https://www.diymobileaudio.com/threa...lities.442026/
    "That's all, folks!"

6. Back To Top    #6

Ban was lifted.