Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Help me solve my minimalist F150 puzzle...

1. Back To Top    #21
    Real Name
    Jacob
    Vehicle
    2014 F150 Limited

Re: Help me solve my minimalist F150 puzzle...

Quote Originally Posted by dookie View Post
    Not the place for questions then?
    A lot of your questions are answered multiple times in other threads. Probably why no replies.
    2014 F150 Limited -> Kenwood DDX-9907xr -> Helix DSP.2 -> Alpine PDX-V9 -> SI M25 mki in Valicar Stuttgart Pods, Rear SB17's, Sub SI BM MKV's in MTI BOX. Alpine PDX-F6 -> SI Tm65 mkIV, SI M3 mkI in Valicar Stuttgart Pods

2. Back To Top    #22
    Real Name
    Jacob
    Vehicle
    2014 F150 Limited

Quote Originally Posted by dookie View Post
    Perhaps this should move to the "builds" section? I dunno...but more questions of course.

Starting crossover settings? OEM passives have the tweeter hi-passed @ 3.5k/18dB, mids low-passed identically. Can't find a true data sheet for the drivers. I'm thinking tweeters get 3k/24dB high-pass, mids 24dB bandpass @ 3k & 100, sub 24dB lowpass @ 100? Zero overlap/gap based solely on the OEM crossover design. All L-R filters?

Been playing with the Helix DSP software (demo only, as apparently the M4 needs 12v power to be visible...can I use a jumpstart box to power it on the bench?). Virtual channels all the way...sub should be summed 50/50 RF+LF?

Gonna tackle the rest of the wire runs and maybe the CLD this week. Need some techflex on the under-hood wire methinks. Anyone with an F150 have advice on rear seat access? I'm thinking the seats come out, but if that's overkill, I'd love to know.
    How big of a tweeter? Are you using OEM? If not OEM stuff has no bearings on what you do. If a 2 way, you want to cross over as low as possible due to the woofer beaming (gets more directional sound instead of omnidirectional) I usually post pictures showing what beaming is, but the computer with those on it is down right now.

Sub to woofer depends on what your vehicle needs. 80hz is usually the general guideline for woofer cross and then 60hz for the sub since it is at a higher volume. A lot of this information can be found if you google Audiofrog tuning guide.

Sub should be summed if your are sending a mono signal to it (only one RCA) If two your choice on how you want to handle that. You can do 50/50 or 100 of left channel to one output and 100 of right channel to the other. That doesn't really matter unless you have all pass and other stuff happening, and the f150 shouldn't.

Seat should fold forward, google how to fold it forward and gives you plenty of access.
    2014 F150 Limited -> Kenwood DDX-9907xr -> Helix DSP.2 -> Alpine PDX-V9 -> SI M25 mki in Valicar Stuttgart Pods, Rear SB17's, Sub SI BM MKV's in MTI BOX. Alpine PDX-F6 -> SI Tm65 mkIV, SI M3 mkI in Valicar Stuttgart Pods

3. Back To Top    #23

Thanks again for contributing your knowledge...

I've been reading until my eyes bleed and have seen everything you reference. As I said earlier, I'm using an Infinity component set. The OEM crossovers I refer to are the Infinity passives. In the absence of individual driver data, I'd think they would be a good starting point? 1" textile dome tweets.

My sub signal is the #5/6 outputs from the Amppro (so I can use their level control knob). I don't know what it is receiving from the HU...mirrored mono or stereo?

Yes, I'm aware the seat folds forward. Is that sufficient for easy CLD/wiring/amp rack/sub install, or would it be better to pull the seat?