Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Vote to get my classroom a miter saw from Sonic Drive In!

1. Back To Top    #1
    Real Name
    Jacob
    Vehicle
    2014 F150 Limited

Vote to get my classroom a miter saw from Sonic Drive In!

Hey Friends,
    I am a high school physics teacher by day in a 100% free and reduced lunch (mostly free) school district.

We build a lot of engineering projects to discuss the physics behind the project as well as give students life skills on how to use different tools. This empowers them to be able to make some choices in their future. They will have the skills to decide if they want to build something themselves or pay someone to build it. The engineering part hopefully gets a couple to go on to the engineering world, but that is only a couple students a year that start and end up finishing an engineering degree.

Anyway, I use a lot of power tools that have either been purchased by me or donated by others. This is to get us a Miter Saw to make better cuts and ease some anxiety I have when students use the circ saw.

ALL THIS TAKES IS YOU VOTING! NOTHING ELSE!

Sonic Drive in has partnered with Donors Choose to fund a bunch of projects if the project is one of the top vote getters in their Fall Contest. They are funding up to $250,000 each week for 4 weeks (ending October 24th) for a total of $1,000,000.
    To vote do the following:

You get 4 votes the first time you sign up then an additional vote every day after that.

Please vote for our project! DO NOT DONATE JUST VOTE! This should get filled by Sonic up to $600. Which is less than the project cost. If you donate, Sonic will just finish whatever is left and then the vote will be kind of pointless.
    2014 F150 Limited -> Kenwood DDX-9907xr -> Helix DSP.2 -> Alpine PDX-V9 -> SI M25 mki in Valicar Stuttgart Pods, Rear SB17's, Sub SI BM MKV's in MTI BOX. Alpine PDX-F6 -> SI Tm65 mkIV, SI M3 mkI in Valicar Stuttgart Pods

2. Back To Top    #2
    Real Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    2016 crew cab Duramax

Re: Vote to get my classroom a miter saw from Sonic Drive In!

Gotcha 4 votes.

3. Back To Top    #3

4 more.
    "That's all, folks!"

4. Back To Top    #4
    Real Name
    Kendal
    Vehicle
    '02 330Ci & '20 Tacoma

gotcha
    https://www.caraudiojunkies.com/signaturepics/sigpic150_2.gif
    2002 330Ci & 2020 Tacoma

5. Back To Top    #5
    Real Name
    Jacob
    Vehicle
    2014 F150 Limited

Thank you to all that have helped so far! The voting for this week to get funded closes on Sunday! Let's get as many as we can so this gets paid for by Sonic!
    2014 F150 Limited -> Kenwood DDX-9907xr -> Helix DSP.2 -> Alpine PDX-V9 -> SI M25 mki in Valicar Stuttgart Pods, Rear SB17's, Sub SI BM MKV's in MTI BOX. Alpine PDX-F6 -> SI Tm65 mkIV, SI M3 mkI in Valicar Stuttgart Pods

6. Back To Top    #6
    Real Name
    Jacob
    Vehicle
    2014 F150 Limited

Well, fortunately a donor that didn't know we were doing this funded the project.

Thanks to all that voted for mine.

If you didn't get a chance to vote or want to help out my wife (who is also a high school teacher), you can vote for her project here! She would greatly appreciate it!

https://www.limeadesforlearning.com/projects/5887052

7. Back To Top    #7
    Real Name
    Jacob
    Vehicle
    2014 F150 Limited

If people want to vote for another project, this one is now up! It is for some tape measures, levels, and speed/carpenter/rafter squares for the classroom.

​​​​​​​https://www.limeadesforlearning.com/projects/5918927

You get 4 votes the first time you sign up, then 1 vote every 24 hours after! So vote once a day!

Or if you go to sonic drive in, they give you a code for an additional vote on the receipt!

8. Back To Top    #8

+1

If you bump the thread each day, I won't forget.
    "That's all, folks!"

9. Back To Top    #9
    Real Name
    Jacob
    Vehicle
    2014 F150 Limited

Bump for more votes

I did some research today (since projects got funded by Sonic Yesterday), and the cutoff point was about 400 votes. We are currently at 201 votes. We need 200 more!

That is 50 people voting for the first time (4 votes the first time), or 200 voting for the second time (1 vote each day).

As of writing this, there are 521 users online. 30 members. That could be A LOT of votes! It costs you nothing but 5 minutes of your time!

10. Back To Top    #10

+1

Thanks for the reminder.
    "That's all, folks!"