Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: $2500 Full SQ System Suggestions

1. Back To Top    #31
    Real Name
    Steve
    Vehicle
    2019 Ram single cab

Re: $2500 Full SQ System Suggestions

The miniDSP Umik-1 is good. That's all you need. Even the included 0 and 90 degree calibration files are all that is really needed for tuning.

2. Back To Top    #32
    Real Name
    Jacob
    Vehicle
    2014 F150 Limited

Re: $2500 Full SQ System Suggestions

Quote Originally Posted by itsZiz View Post
    Did you not read the first part where I said I had a calibrated UMIK-1. I was saying I had a second mic as well
    i did, I just didn’t think I needed to respond to that part. But I guess I do. That microphone is a usb microphone and has limits on what it can measure compared to a xlr measurement mic and interface. This is due to loop back things and clock drift.

usb microphones are great for starting out due to the simplicity, but most will reach their limits quick. An xlr measurement mic and interface doesn’t have a whole lot of limits. Similar to the helix dsp in reality. Not a lot of limits to it. The musway it appears does have some limits but are far off.
    2014 F150 Limited -> Kenwood DDX-9907xr -> Helix DSP.2 -> Alpine PDX-V9 -> SI M25 mki in Valicar Stuttgart Pods, Rear SB17's, Sub SI BM MKV's in MTI BOX. Alpine PDX-F6 -> SI Tm65 mkIV, SI M3 mkI in Valicar Stuttgart Pods