Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: $2500 Full SQ System Suggestions

1. Back To Top    #21
    Real Name
    Peter
    Vehicle
    Ford Mustang GT Premium

Re: $2500 Full SQ System Suggestions

Audiodesign is the general distributor for the European Union for Musway.
    Just like they are for Kicker and Rockford Fosgate.
    The Musway had some really good reviews over here in Germany, but pricewise they are comparable to the Helix offerings.
    And if you have to pay the same amount for a Helix as you do for a Musway i would choose the Helix.
    SYNC3 headunit
    Mosconi Pico 8/10 DSP
    Mosconi D2 500.1
    Gladen Zero Pro 165.3 DC
    JL Audio 10w3v3 in custom enclosure (Blueprint by Mark @Caraudiofabrication)

2. Back To Top    #22

$2500 Full SQ System Suggestions

In the UK it’s up for £520 on the Musway eBay store.

Just tried the app and it looks just like the Nakamichi-DSP app but with more functions.

Shame it doesn’t have shelf or allpass filters then it would be perfect.

For the £140 more a Helix Match 7UP does it all so it’s a tough call if the extra money is worth it.

Does look like a bargain if it works well.

Sadly my Nakamichi-DSP didn’t and was broken by the time I fitted it with no warranty coverage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by SiW80; 10-09-2021 at 01:59 PM.

3. Back To Top    #23

Quote Originally Posted by SiW80 View Post
    In the UK it’s up for £520 on the Musway eBay store.

Just tried the app and it looks just like the Nakamichi-DSP app but with more functions.

Shame it doesn’t have shelf or allpass filters then it would be perfect.

For the £140 more a Helix Match 7UP does it all so it’s a tough call if the extra money is worth it.

Does look like a bargain if it works well.

Sadly my Nakamichi-DSP didn’t and was broken by the time I fitted it with no warranty coverage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Forgive my igorance, but when would I need to use an all pass filter or shelf? I'd like to know what important features I might miss with the Musway. Thanks

4. Back To Top    #24
    Real Name
    Steve
    Vehicle
    2019 Ram single cab

Quote Originally Posted by itsZiz View Post
    Forgive my igorance, but when would I need to use an all pass filter or shelf? I'd like to know what important features I might miss with the Musway. Thanks
    All pass filters are misunderstood by most, including myself. Knowing when and how to use one is very advanced level of tuning. I wouldn't be concerned not having it. Shelf filters can be useful and convenient, but aren't really needed for a good sounding tune. They're just an easy way of getting a bass or treble boost, without individual eq band boosting.

5. Back To Top    #25
    Real Name
    Jacob
    Vehicle
    2014 F150 Limited

In simplest terms, all pass filters help make two speakers sum together better. It only works for when two things are playing together. If you just have one thing, you will never hear a difference. Kind of like a polarity swap. No difference with one thing, but playing with something else, noticeable difference.

they do this by changing the phase around a specific frequency that you set, kind of like advanced time delay type of stuff.

They CAN be the difference in am amazing tune and world championship winning tune. It’s like that last 1% of tuning.

now they can also be needed with some newer vehicles. Some people do some CRAZY things to factory oem tunes….

Edit* You should probably have something that can measure phase if you are going to be getting into all pass filters. Something like Open Sound Meter, an xlr microphone, and a microphone to computer interface like the focusrite 2i2 or motu m2.
    Last edited by Jdunk54nl; 10-09-2021 at 06:57 PM.
    2014 F150 Limited -> Kenwood DDX-9907xr -> Helix DSP.2 -> Alpine PDX-V9 -> SI M25 mki in Valicar Stuttgart Pods, Rear SB17's, Sub SI BM MKV's in MTI BOX. Alpine PDX-F6 -> SI Tm65 mkIV, SI M3 mkI in Valicar Stuttgart Pods

6. Back To Top    #26

Quote Originally Posted by Jdunk54nl View Post
    In simplest terms, all pass filters help make two speakers sum together better. It only works for when two things are playing together. If you just have one thing, you will never hear a difference. Kind of like a polarity swap. No difference with one thing, but playing with something else, noticeable difference.

they do this by changing the phase around a specific frequency that you set, kind of like advanced time delay type of stuff.

They CAN be the difference in am amazing tune and world championship winning tune. It’s like that last 1% of tuning.

now they can also be needed with some newer vehicles. Some people do some CRAZY things to factory oem tunes….

Edit* You should probably have something that can measure phase if you are going to be getting into all pass filters. Something like Open Sound Meter, an xlr microphone, and a microphone to computer interface like the focusrite 2i2 or motu m2.
    I have a spectrum calibrated umik-1, if I needed more I have an re-320 mic and interface too.

7. Back To Top    #27
    Real Name
    Jacob
    Vehicle
    2014 F150 Limited

A vocal/instrument microphone is not the same as a measurement microphone. You will do more harm than good with that. If you already have an interface a emm-6 might be good for you....but this is well after you learn the basics of tuning. You are not there yet.
    2014 F150 Limited -> Kenwood DDX-9907xr -> Helix DSP.2 -> Alpine PDX-V9 -> SI M25 mki in Valicar Stuttgart Pods, Rear SB17's, Sub SI BM MKV's in MTI BOX. Alpine PDX-F6 -> SI Tm65 mkIV, SI M3 mkI in Valicar Stuttgart Pods

8. Back To Top    #28

If I remember correctly, maybe I’m not, but I think Nick A. (In a helix REW video) used the first and last peq bands as a shelf (same concept as a subsonic filter I believe)… to basically turn off frequencies above or below a certain point. So for example, you set a shelf at 22k with a Q of 1.. so the speaker doesn’t waste power or effort playing above my listening range.

9. Back To Top    #29
    Real Name
    Steve
    Vehicle
    2019 Ram single cab

Quote Originally Posted by itsZiz View Post
    If I remember correctly, maybe I’m not, but I think Nick A. (In a helix REW video) used the first and last peq bands as a shelf (same concept as a subsonic filter I believe)… to basically turn off frequencies above or below a certain point. So for example, you set a shelf at 22k with a Q of 1.. so the speaker doesn’t waste power or effort playing above my listening range.
    I'm not sure there is much value in doing that, but you could do the same thing, and even do it better with the crossover.

10. Back To Top    #30

Did you not read the first part where I said I had a calibrated UMIK-1. I was saying I had a second mic as well