Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: $2500 Full SQ System Suggestions

1. Back To Top    #11
    Vehicle
    2016 Ford Escape SE & 2020 Nissan Rogue SV

Re: $2500 Full SQ System Suggestions

Quote Originally Posted by itsZiz View Post
    I havent heard of them before
    https://musway.de/english/m6v3-dsp-amplifier.html Might not be the easiest amp to obtain, but it's a valid all-in-one choice that offers expansion.

2. Back To Top    #12
    Real Name
    Supreme Lord Ruler
    Vehicle
    2019 Toyota Avalon

those Musway amps have my attention Euphonic. Thanks for dropping the name.
    A man cannot become a hero until he can see the root of his downfall

3. Back To Top    #13
    Vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by BenevolentDictator View Post
    I just learned about it from listening to the Old Fashioned Car Audio podcast. Reminds me a bit of an Audison AP8.9 bit.

4. Back To Top    #14

Quote Originally Posted by Euphonic View Post
    I just learned about it from listening to the Old Fashioned Car Audio podcast. Reminds me a bit of an Audison AP8.9 bit.
    Quote Originally Posted by BenevolentDictator View Post
    Euphoric, thanks for linking those Musway, the DSP software is really nice.

Where can you buy them?

My only concern is the rated power compared to the fuse size.

5. Back To Top    #15
    Wave Shepherd - aka Jazzi Justin Zazzi's Avatar

Where can you buy them?

A 30a fuse on a 600w amplifier while playing music is not unreasonable. While playing test tones or doing a dyno test, however, it might be unreasonable.
    Measure with mics, mark with chalk, cut with torch, grind to fit, sand to finish, paint to match.
    Updated Justin tuning sheet (Justin and Erica tuning companion for SMAART and REW)
    Do it for them.

6. Back To Top    #16

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Zazzi View Post
    A 30a fuse on a 600w amplifier while playing music is not unreasonable. While playing test tones or doing a dyno test, however, it might be unreasonable.
    I think that fuse is just for the electronics, maybe, as their other amps dont even have fuses on them.

PS. you're the one that turned me onto the Peerless SLS (which are out of stock for along time)... how do you think these 8" look?

https://www.slaacoustics.com/collect...-8-woofer-pair

7. Back To Top    #17
    Real Name
    Steve
    Vehicle
    2019 Ram single cab

I think that fuse is just for the electronics, maybe, as their other amps dont even have fuses on them.

PS. you're the one that turned me onto the Peerless SLS (which are out of stock for along time)... how do you think these 8" look?

https://www.slaacoustics.com/collect...-8-woofer-pair
    When you brought these up in the other thread, I said they looked the best out of the 3 options you posted. If you don't mind fabbing 6x9 to 8" adapters, they have the specs that suggest good performance in a door.

The only thing that concerns me about the Musway products is the fact that no one seems to have heard of them, so others experience with it seems limited, so overall quality and long term reliability is mostly unknown. Also, while all tuning involves the same things, t/a, crossovers, parametric eq, you'll probably have to learn this software all on your own, as opposed to miniDSP, Helix, Zapco, Arc, Dayton, etc where others know how to use those well, and reliability is there.

31 bands of eq almost seems like too much. It's ok, as long as someone realizes they don't have to try to use all of them. I mean you may only need 3 bands on a given driver, or maybe 6 or 8, but 31 probably wouldn't be needed on anything. Of course, there use to be some old saying something like "He who eq's less eq's best" or something like that, but that is bullshit. You eq as much as needed. Just a lot of boosting is a problem.

8. Back To Top    #18

Quote Originally Posted by 89grand View Post
    When you brought these up in the other thread, I said they looked the best out of the 3 options you posted. If you don't mind fabbing 6x9 to 8" adapters, they have the specs that suggest good performance in a door.

The only thing that concerns me about the Musway products is the fact that no one seems to have heard of them, so others experience with it seems limited, so overall quality and long term reliability is mostly unknown. Also, while all tuning involves the same things, t/a, crossovers, parametric eq, you'll probably have to learn this software all on your own, as opposed to miniDSP, Helix, Zapco, Arc, Dayton, etc where others know how to use those well, and reliability is there.

31 bands of eq almost seems like too much. It's ok, as long as someone realizes they don't have to try to use all of them. I mean you may only need 3 bands on a given driver, or maybe 6 or 8, but 31 probably wouldn't be needed on anything. Of course, there use to be some old saying something like "He who eq's less eq's best" or something like that, but that is bullshit. You eq as much as needed. Just a lot of boosting is a problem.
    You can download the software and play with it. https://musway.de/english/m6v3-dsp-amplifier.html
    DSP software i've tried
    - Helix (31 peq bands as well, but so many other options it gets convoluted for ME, pros love it)
    - ESX (limited peq, unintuitive ui is annoying)
    - Audio Control (extremely limited graphic eq compared to PEQ)
    - Musway (easiest to use for me so far. intuitive ui, plenty of peqbands)

I agree, its not ideal to be one of the "first" to try something, but I went from dismissing them because I never heard of them, to loving the DSP software so much I shot to the top of my list.

For $1100 I can get a 8 channel 31band peq dsp, 6x70w & 1x650w for a full 3 way active set up. Seems pretty great to me. Until it doesnt work lol
    Last edited by itsZiz; 10-08-2021 at 04:14 PM.

9. Back To Top    #19
    Real Name
    Steve
    Vehicle
    2019 Ram single cab

Well, experience with it has to start somewhere. If you like the software, that's a good chunk of the battle. I like miniDSP, but that's what I'm used to. Many people like Helix a lot too. AudioControl should not even be considered because of the worthless graphic eq as you pointed out. I like AC, but not their DSP's.

I don't know the price difference between euro's and US dollars, but if two amps, one with enough dsp and that much power is around $1100, that's not bad. The companies address is in China, not Germany, although the company seems German. Not sure if that means anything.

10. Back To Top    #20
    Vehicle

Where can you buy them?

Aunex is the US distributor for Musway. Their dealer locator is here https://www.aunexusa.com/dealerlocator just make sure is says Musway under the dealer name and not just Aunex. The nearest dealer to me is 800-900 miles which is why I said in a previous post that it may not be the easiest product to obtain.

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Zazzi View Post
    I agree with this 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by 89grand View Post
    I don't know the price difference between euro's and US dollars, but if two amps, one with enough dsp and that much power is around $1100, that's not bad. The companies address is in China, not Germany, although the company seems German. Not sure if that means anything.

Right now 1 Euro is equal to $1.16. The only address I could find for Musway was:

MUSWAY
    Audio Design GmbH
    Am Breilingsweg 3
    D-76709 Kronau/Germany
    Phone: +49 7253 - 94 65 0