Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Focal ISUB Twin

1. Back To Top    #1
    Vehicle
    2015 Armada

Focal ISUB Twin

Has anyone played with a set of these Focal ISUB Twins? They look fun and look to be a good alternative to using or maybe good in conjunction with Mid-bass drivers in the factory door location?? I am on a mission to eliminate my NULLS in the 200hz range caused by my big arse center console so i keep searching for alternatives... As soon as i can find a pair i am going to order them to experiment with

The marketing graph looks promising, no/yes?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.PNG 
Views:	277 
Size:	15.8 KB 
ID:	16331

2. Back To Top    #2
    Real Name
    Steve
    Vehicle
    2019 Ram single cab

Re: Focal ISUB Twin

I'd never heard of those before today. I just saw them a while ago on PS Sounds new youtube video. Too bad they don't play a bit higher, as they don't go high enough to match my CDT Unity 8's.

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by 89grand View Post
    I'd never heard of those before today. I just saw them a while ago on PS Sounds new youtube video. Too bad they don't play a bit higher, as they don't go high enough to match my CDT Unity 8's.
    If fitted under a seat you will struggle to get higher than 200hz from any driver unfortunately due to standing waves in that location (passenger side is the limiting factor, drivers side has a null between 70-100 still… kick panels (purple) are superior to the under seat (green) location in my car)

see attached graph as to the big null underseat and the smaller on in the kick panel
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FF9453D6-347D-49BE-A0F3-689778E36D7A.jpeg 
Views:	316 
Size:	424.8 KB 
ID:	16332  

4. Back To Top    #4
    Vehicle
    2015 Armada

@DumDum i might have to breakdown and build kicks but going to see if i can find success (maybe its hiding somewhere ) using a 4-Way active front stage; 6" Focal KX3 in the factory door location, 1" Focal high up on the door card and 3" Focal up on the dash factory firing into the window shield with these new ISUB under the front seats... What could go wrong: Phase issues everywhere; cancellations as the XOver points; all kinds of nasty comb filtering; Miss Use of the 31 Bands of Parametric EQ's; clueless attempts of throwing All-Pass filters around

5. Back To Top    #5
    Real Name
    Steve
    Vehicle
    2019 Ram single cab

Quote Originally Posted by dumdum View Post
    If fitted under a seat you will struggle to get higher than 200hz from any driver unfortunately due to standing waves in that location (passenger side is the limiting factor, drivers side has a null between 70-100 still… kick panels (purple) are superior to the under seat (green) location in my car)

see attached graph as to the big null underseat and the smaller on in the kick panel
    That's true, the location under the seat is the biggest factor. I have good midbass now from my door 6x9's, but I have to work on some rattles. I'd be nice to have the midbass not in the doors, but that's where they fit the best.

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by Cutaway View Post
    @DumDum i might have to breakdown and build kicks but going to see if i can find success (maybe its hiding somewhere ) using a 4-Way active front stage; 6" Focal KX3 in the factory door location, 1" Focal high up on the door card and 3" Focal up on the dash factory firing into the window shield with these new ISUB under the front seats... What could go wrong: Phase issues everywhere; cancellations as the XOver points; all kinds of nasty comb filtering; Miss Use of the 31 Bands of Parametric EQ's; clueless attempts of throwing All-Pass filters around

my point was you expressly were concerned about nulls in the 200hz area… which is exactly where under seats will have nulls also, get bigger drivers (12cm are a good size) on the dash and you will get a response down to below 200hz and get a nice crossover between under seats and the dash, door speakers are not going to help in reality for your issue

7. Back To Top    #7

I have a set of these arriving from the UK in a couple of weeks, will let you know how go

8. Back To Top    #8
    Vehicle
    2015 Armada

Quote Originally Posted by Socket View Post
    I have a set of these arriving from the UK in a couple of weeks, will let you know how go
    I am so close to ordering these from EBay... I am still waiting on word back from my local shop to see if they will order them for me... Kind of pricey huh...

9. Back To Top    #9

yep with the crappy exchange rate on the aussie dollar they are around $690 AUD delivered. if they fix my bass issue then they will be worth every $ lol

10. Back To Top    #10

So the verdict is these have a very flat response out of the box between 50 - 150 hz but dont expect them to play much higher then 200 hz
    Ended up doing a short vid unboxing and FR..... enjoy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZr21Y_BiIY