Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 2way Active Speaker System Suggestions

1. Back To Top    #31

Re: 2way Active Speaker System Suggestions

I had assumed pods firing directly on axis would be better, but I did wonder about the small sealed enclosure effecting sound. I could probably get the pods from cdt separately later if I wanted, or at that point, go with tweeters in the sail panels.

Thanks for all the input. I have to wait about a month for a bonus check to do the whole system, but right now I'm most likely going with the full size CL-69's and the "refurb" Unity 8's (cdt said they are new with just some scratches).

2. Back To Top    #32

Quote Originally Posted by Jdunk54nl View Post
    snip
    Quote Originally Posted by 89grand View Post
    snip
    I found another door option, not an 8" (I wish I could find a good 8" that fits and doesn't cost a lot) but, how do these 6.8" "subwoofers" look?

https://www.cdtaudio.com/sep_compone...dm6plusdvc.php

Not a ton of info but the below seems good?

• Peak Xmax: 11mm
    • Fs: 50.8Hz

EDIT - I got excited (that something interesting fit my doors) and didnt see any QTS, and they said sealed or ported... doubtful they would be good in IB
    Last edited by itsZiz; 10-06-2021 at 07:20 PM.

3. Back To Top    #33
    Real Name
    Steve
    Vehicle
    2019 Ram single cab

Quote Originally Posted by itsZiz View Post
    I found another door option, not an 8" (I wish I could find a good 8" that fits and doesn't cost a lot) but, how do these 6.8" "subwoofers" look?

https://www.cdtaudio.com/sep_compone...dm6plusdvc.php

Not a ton of info but the below seems good?

• Peak Xmax: 11mm
    • Fs: 50.8Hz

EDIT - I got excited (that something interesting fit my doors) and didnt see any QTS, and they said sealed or ported... doubtful they would be good in IB
    You really don't even need to use a subwoofer as a door midbass. A lot of drivers with a low Qts need some eq work in the lower octaves if not in a ported enclosure, and that would likely lead to more door rattles. A higher Qts should have more lower end naturally in a door. I'd rather have to cut the bass response in a door speaker than boost it. For midbass, the CDT 6x9's do very well. It has cone area larger than a 6.5, and almost as big as an 8", and you wouldn't even need to fab any mounts. Just something to consider. Sure, some 6.5's have more Xmax than the CDT 6x9, but used as a midbass from around 70-80hz and up, more excursion isn't really an advantage.

Sensitivity would usually be a little higher on a midbass/woofer than a subwoofer too, and that's a plus.

4. Back To Top    #34

Quote Originally Posted by 89grand View Post
    You really don't even need to use a subwoofer as a door midbass. A lot of drivers with a low Qts need some eq work in the lower octaves if not in a ported enclosure, and that would likely lead to more door rattles. A higher Qts should have more lower end naturally in a door. I'd rather have to cut the bass response in a door speaker than boost it. For midbass, the CDT 6x9's do very well. It has cone area larger than a 6.5, and almost as big as an 8", and you wouldn't even need to fab any mounts. Just something to consider. Sure, some 6.5's have more Xmax than the CDT 6x9, but used as a midbass from around 70-80hz and up, more excursion isn't really an advantage.

Sensitivity would usually be a little higher on a midbass/woofer than a subwoofer too, and that's a plus.
    Thanks. I just saw it and was like "whoa, this would be nuts" haha.

I'm pretty sure I'll go with this cdt 6x9 https://www.cdtaudio.com/sep_compone.../cl69subcf.php

5. Back To Top    #35
    Real Name
    Steve
    Vehicle
    2019 Ram single cab

Don't get me wrong, those CDT 6.5's look cool as hell, just seems like it's not the best driver for the application.