Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Phase shifts from using full range bridged amps?

1. Back To Top    #21

Re: Phase shifts from using full range bridged amps?

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Zazzi View Post
    Unless the "well known car audio guy" comes over here and starts posting, this isn't a thing.
    = Ray Rayfield and I think the post referenced was in the SSQ group. https://www.facebook.com/ray.rayfield

He's no dummy!

Edit: maybe not SSQ. Possibly someone has the link.

2. Back To Top    #22
    Real Name
    Jacob
    Vehicle
    2014 F150 Limited

Quote Originally Posted by DaveG View Post
    = Ray Rayfield and I think the post referenced was in the SSQ group. https://www.facebook.com/ray.rayfield

He's no dummy!

Edit: maybe not SSQ. Possibly someone has the link.
    There is your problem....you are going to facebook for information.....

Get off that crap...even facebook employees know how bad it is due to internal research!
    2014 F150 Limited -> Kenwood DDX-9907xr -> Helix DSP.2 -> Alpine PDX-V9 -> SI M25 mki in Valicar Stuttgart Pods, Rear SB17's, Sub SI BM MKV's in MTI BOX. Alpine PDX-F6 -> SI Tm65 mkIV, SI M3 mkI in Valicar Stuttgart Pods

3. Back To Top    #23

Quote Originally Posted by Jdunk54nl View Post
    There is your problem....you are going to facebook for information.....

Get off that crap...even facebook employees know how bad it is due to internal research!
    How about Google?

https://www.google.com/search?q=ray+...hrome&ie=UTF-8

4. Back To Top    #24
    Real Name
    Jacob
    Vehicle
    2014 F150 Limited

That doesn't tell me much about anything that he knows or doesn't know. I can see his education and career information from the linked in profile, but even then, it doesn't make me want to believe everything he says. Plenty of people with fancy titles don't know about how things work, and his formal education also doesn't support his potential knowledge.

I am also not going to spend the time in here researching Ray Rayfield beyond this. If he wants to join this forum and give us an explanation as to why this statement was made, I'll listen. But currently, this is smelling like snake oil to me to sell more expensive amps instead of cheaper amps that you can bridge to get more power.

Otherwise, as Justin said, this isn't a thing in a well designed product, could very well be in a poor designed product though.
    2014 F150 Limited -> Kenwood DDX-9907xr -> Helix DSP.2 -> Alpine PDX-V9 -> SI M25 mki in Valicar Stuttgart Pods, Rear SB17's, Sub SI BM MKV's in MTI BOX. Alpine PDX-F6 -> SI Tm65 mkIV, SI M3 mkI in Valicar Stuttgart Pods

5. Back To Top    #25
    Real Name
    Alan
    Vehicle
    2018 Chevy Silverado Z-71

Ray's the head honcho at Linear Power

6. Back To Top    #26
    Real Name
    Steve
    Vehicle
    2019 Ram single cab

Quote Originally Posted by BigAl205 View Post
    He is, after their resurrection in 2009-2010. I do know back in the day on Diyma, he and Linear Power had both fans and detractors. I'm not sure if he's right about this phase issue or not, but an awful lot of people have run bridged amps over the years. You'd think someone would have noticed this issue prior to Ray stating it.

7. Back To Top    #27
    Real Name
    Jacob
    Vehicle
    2014 F150 Limited

Quote Originally Posted by BigAl205 View Post
    That doesn't tell me about his technical reasoning behind the statement he made, just that he knows how to run a company. Lots of people that run companies have no clue how their products function on a technical level. Shoot, some managers break things because they don't know how they actually work. They are great at their job though, managing people/company.

This will be my last comment on this thread unless Ray comes in here and can explain the technical reason behind his statement with data backing it up (or anyone for that matter)

Otherwise I am calling BS on this one as everything I have seen shows this being a non issue in well designed products.

8. Back To Top    #28
    Real Name
    Alan
    Vehicle
    2018 Chevy Silverado Z-71

Quote Originally Posted by Jdunk54nl View Post
    That doesn't tell me about his technical reasoning behind the statement he made, just that he knows how to run a company. Lots of people that run companies have no clue how their products function on a technical level. Shoot, some managers break things because they don't know how they actually work. They are great at their job though, managing people/company.

This will be my last comment on this thread unless Ray comes in here and can explain the technical reason behind his statement with data backing it up (or anyone for that matter)

Otherwise I am calling BS on this one as everything I have seen shows this being a non issue in well designed products.
    I agree with you, his initial assessment doesn't make sense to me.

...neither does the price of their equipment

9. Back To Top    #29

I wouldn't put too much value in what Ray has to say. He's made a lot of bs claims over the years.

10. Back To Top    #30
    Real Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    2016 Ram

Quote Originally Posted by ca90ss View Post
    I wouldn't put too much value in what Ray has to say. He's made a lot of bs claims over the years.
    I hope he's just trolling. Then again his is Ray we're talking about. He has become a laughing stock to a lot of people including me.
    They might say "don't try this at home" but nothing about not trying it at your friend's house.