Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Does anyone have a Stinger Heigh10?

1. Back To Top    #11
    Real Name
    Steve
    Vehicle
    2019 Ram single cab

Re: Does anyone have a Stinger Heigh10?

Wow, that looks a lot better in that car than I would have thought. I would have expected it too look too big and out of place, but it doesn't. I'll probably just bite the bullet and get the Heigh10. It does have some cool features, for one the screen is big and looks nice, the toslink output, you can add cameras, it has some performance stuff, vehicle info pages, and without losing anything the stock radio has.

BTW, that's a pretty awesome speaker install you've got going on.

2. Back To Top    #12

installs for different vehicles are all over the place. some installs stick out too far. some are offset too high or too low. some people don't even set the LED colors to match the factory lighting.

maybe AAMP will make a bowl mount for ram trucks, seems like there's space for it.

ensure you've got some pick/hook tools around, they'll help removing the screen if you need.

3. Back To Top    #13
    Real Name
    Steve
    Vehicle
    2019 Ram single cab

I would have preferred the Ram kit looked a little more like how they did it for the Jeep Wrangler, with like you described, more of a bowl mount, but it doesn't look too bad as it is. At least it looks centered and doesn't stick out all that far, not quite stock, but not too bad. I think I have some pick type tools somewhere in my tool box.

4. Back To Top    #14

I've got the Heigh10, using the variable Toslink out to my C-DSP 8x12 DL. This is in a Wrangler. It looks fantastic, and integrates with all the factory controls seamlessly. I had issues during installation, which turned out to be a defective "Radio Pro Advanced" module from PAC. That really, really sucked to debug, but they were helpful in getting that debugged and getting me a new one.
    JL Rubicon: Stinger Heigh10, MiniDSP DL, Hertz Mille Legend 3-way, JL XD800/8 + XD1000/1 + 10W7 Ported @ 30Hz
    981 GT4: Mosconi Gladen One 90.8 DSP, Dynaudio MD102 Tweeters, Factory Mids, Morel MW9 Woofers

5. Back To Top    #15

Quote Originally Posted by nadams5755 View Post
    my dsp shows 48k/23b on toslink from this radio, so any high-res content will get downsampled.
    as a follow-up to this - there was a software update to the arc ps8pro earlier this year. the heigh10 shows 48k/24b now.

6. Back To Top    #16
    Real Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    2016 Ram

Quote Originally Posted by nadams5755 View Post
    i don't find the value in high-res content, so i don't encounter that issue. the high-res content i do have, i play through carplay and it plays fine.

my dsp shows 48k/23b on toslink from this radio, so any high-res content will get downsampled. toslink generally doesn't do above 96k/24b anyway, so i could see some challenges with high-res.

the mishmash of incompatible standards and behavior of high-res equipment further destroys any other value i see in it. you know what they say though - if it ain't difficult to use, it ain't sound-quality.

maybe the high-res stuff will improve over time.

i haven't tried android auto.
    I know this post is a few months old but just now seeing it and laughing my ass off at the bolded part. Not knocking people who jump through hoops for sq gains that may or may not be audible but personally think it's a silly thing to worry about outside of a top tier sq build.
    They might say "don't try this at home" but nothing about not trying it at your friend's house.

7. Back To Top    #17

my usual list:
    - if it's not hard to use, it's not sound-quality
    - if there's no dash mat, it's not sound-quality
    - if you're not laying down, it's not sound-quality