Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sub suggestions 5k watts

1. Back To Top    #11
    Vehicle
    2018 Nissan Frontier

Re: Sub suggestions 5k watts

You won't go wrong with a couple of the Sundown SA v2 subs you mentioned. Definitely a high quality, heavy hitter. I've heard them in a few sub sizes and setups. They always impress.
    Sundown!

2. Back To Top    #12

Again thanks for the responses, as for power I have an Iraggi 320amp, xs d3400, legend agm, dual runs of 1/0 OFC (to each amp) & Big3. I already had a s1-2250, so instead of selling it, and getting a bigger and more expensive amp, I got the power I wanted for $320. Stereo Integrity looks good, as does Sundown. Has anyone had any experience withe the TORO Force 12S? They are made by (or a sister company, can't remember) of Massive Audio.

3. Back To Top    #13
    Real Name
    Jacob
    Vehicle
    2014 F150 Limited

I'd go two sql-15's if you can fit them.

I am a fan of SI stuff. Love how my subs, mids, and tweeters sound. The only reason I don't have the door woofers is due to a manufacturing defect in my set (leftover material in the voice coil from the factory) and Nick and I opted to wait until his new version was released since I didn't need them right away and he only had a few pairs of the tm65's left. So we agreed that I could wait and other customers that aren't as patient could get the tm65's that he currently had in stock.

I am actually currently debating between two sql-15's or two ultimax 18's for home. The 18's model a little better in WINisd, but again I am a fan of the SI stuff....a bright side to going with the ultimax, I could always build the box and if I didn't like them, could upgrade to the hst-18's.....
    2014 F150 Limited -> Kenwood DDX-9907xr -> Helix DSP.2 -> Alpine PDX-V9 -> SI M25 mki in Valicar Stuttgart Pods, Rear SB17's, Sub SI BM MKV's in MTI BOX. Alpine PDX-F6 -> SI Tm65 mkIV, SI M3 mkI in Valicar Stuttgart Pods

4. Back To Top    #14

I hadn't looked at the HST before because of the price but HOLY HELL, & 20hz recommended? Jesus What a monster!

5. Back To Top    #15

What are your opinions on Full bridge amplifiers? Seems too good to be true (I wouldn't be going below 1 ohm and have proper electrical)

6. Back To Top    #16
    Vehicle
    Nissan Cube - VW T4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6tyjXSHvGg

This guy explains it well. Well enough for me at least

7. Back To Top    #17

Man that has to be the best explanation I've seen, Not sure why I haven't seen it until now, but thank you!

As far as the subs go, after playing with WinISD for the past couple hours I've decided to go with the SQL-12s. But I REALLY want an HST-15. It might be time to list some of my guitars for sale

8. Back To Top    #18
    Vehicle
    2007 Corolla

Both will sound great, the HST-15 will just be louder

9. Back To Top    #19
    Real Name
    Jacob
    Vehicle
    2014 F150 Limited

Why not get dual sql-15’s, then build a box that will work for the sql-15 or the hst-15’s? That way, if you really want to upgrade, your box is already built.
    2014 F150 Limited -> Kenwood DDX-9907xr -> Helix DSP.2 -> Alpine PDX-V9 -> SI M25 mki in Valicar Stuttgart Pods, Rear SB17's, Sub SI BM MKV's in MTI BOX. Alpine PDX-F6 -> SI Tm65 mkIV, SI M3 mkI in Valicar Stuttgart Pods

10. Back To Top    #20
    Real Name
    Supreme Lord Ruler
    Vehicle
    2019 Toyota Avalon

I'd be willing to part ways with my HST but shipping would be a b*tch
    It weighs a planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Droopy View Post
    Man that has to be the best explanation I've seen, Not sure why I haven't seen it until now, but thank you!

As far as the subs go, after playing with WinISD for the past couple hours I've decided to go with the SQL-12s. But I REALLY want an HST-15. It might be time to list some of my guitars for sale
    A man cannot become a hero until he can see the root of his downfall