Thread: HUMMING THROUGH THE SPEAKERS On a C4 Corvette

1. Back To Top    #1

HUMMING THROUGH THE SPEAKERS On a C4 Corvette

Hi all, I installed a new single din stereo and a Amp and a Powered Sub in my C4vette. When the car is running it has a humming sound coming from out of the speakers now. So I purchased two Aramox Audio radio noise filter suppressor. I installed them on the right and left channels after the head unit directly to the amp. It did help a little, but it still has a humm in the speakers. When I installed the amp and power sub and the head unit, I ran ground wires from the frame to
    to the Amp and the Power Sub Amp, and head unit. I also installed a ground wire from the battery and grounded it directly to the frame. I have also looked at the wiring schematics and removed the bolts and ground wires, i wired brushed the frame and eyelets so there is a clean ground.. I also installed a Boss Audio System B15N noise filter between the positive side of the battery to the head unit. Still has a humm. what have I missed,
    Any help would be appreciated.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Real Name
    Kendal
    Vehicle
    '02 330Ci & '20 Tacoma

Re: HUMMING THROUGH THE SPEAKERS On a C4 Corvette

Try to narrow it down to what’s causing the hum. Unhook the powered sub first and see what happens.
    Hum still there move on to the amp. Test if the HU is the problem by plugging another source into your amp.
    Noise is always hard to solve.
    https://www.caraudiojunkies.com/signaturepics/sigpic150_2.gif
    2002 330Ci & 2020 Tacoma

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by Notloudenuf View Post
    Try to narrow it down to what’s causing the hum. Unhook the powered sub first and see what happens.
    Hum still there move on to the amp. Test if the HU is the problem by plugging another source into your amp.
    Noise is always hard to solve.
    Process of elimination. Thanks!

4. Back To Top    #4
    Real Name
    Todd
    Vehicle
    2014 Toyota Avalon

I know you said you grounded everything to the frame but exactly where did you ground everything? There’s no real frame & not much metal in that car with the exception of the “bird cage”. In my 96 I used the OEM grounding post behind the passenger seat for 2 amps, radio & some LED lights and everything is fine & noise free. How did you run wires? My power wire is run down the drivers side & my RCAs are run along the passenger side of the console along with the power/ground/remote wires for the radio. Humming is almost always a ground issue… at least in my experience.