Thread: 1998 GMC Sierra ext. cab SQ Build

1. Back To Top    #1

1998 GMC Sierra ext. cab SQ Build

Finally starting to get a build list together for the old girl. I pulled everything out of my F150 before I sold it...here is what I have to work with:

Pioneer AVH-X7700 BT (came with the truck)

Audison Forza AP8.9 Bit
    AudioControl LC-1.800

Helix P1 Tweeters
    Focal K2 3" mids
    Focal K2 6.5" mid bass
    Focal K2 12" sub

I know this setup can sound amazing but need some advice when it comes to speaker placement. The 6.5s can stay in the doors, it's the tweeters and mids that have me changing my mind every time I look at them. I don't want to do a-pillars as I want to keep everything as stock looking as possible. Was thinking about kick panels but I'm not a fan of speakers by your feet. Unfortunately, my truck doesn't have the factory dash speakers like they do in other older models...any advice is appreciated as I'm all ears.

Thanks guys!

2. Back To Top    #2
    Real Name
    Kendal
    Vehicle
    '02 330Ci & '20 Tacoma

Re: 1998 GMC Sierra ext. cab SQ Build

Doesn't this one have a tweeter up relatively high in the door panel?
    You may want to experiment with just running a 2-way and see how you like it before committing to fabrication.
    https://www.caraudiojunkies.com/signaturepics/sigpic150_2.gif
    2002 330Ci & 2020 Tacoma

3. Back To Top    #3

The stock tweeter is down beside the window switches but very good point.

4. Back To Top    #4

I decided to go the simple route and see what I can accomplish with spending the least amount of $$$. I am keeping the JL C1 components in the front doors, have 2 JL 10" W0s in a prefab box down firing under the rear seat and then will have my Audison F8.9 Bit running everything active (components will see 85 watts a piece and 260 watts per sub bridged). All I have left is to run new speaker wires into the doors, hookup the laptop and I should have tunes this evening. I will post pics later as I also removed the factory CD player and installed an Audison DRC in it's place...fit perfectly.
    Last edited by Darkimag22; 08-30-2021 at 03:06 PM.