Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Papasin's 2009 Civic SI Sedan

1. Back To Top    #11
    Real Name
    Richard

Papasin's 2009 Civic SI Sedan

Quote Originally Posted by claydo View Post
    Out of curiosity, is the rear fill for tha youngins, or do you run it all the time?
    The H800 has Dolby PL2 processing, and I often A/B to people with PL2 on vs. off. Most folks choose on and guess that as the setup that has rears off .

So to answer your question, I run it pretty much all the time.

2. Back To Top    #12

Re: Papasin's 2009 Civic SI Sedan

Cool, I've played with pl II on my home setup. Seemed to add ambience, yet for me sounded artificial. Have yet to hear it in a car tho.........glad ya like it!

3. Back To Top    #13
    Real Name
    Alan
    Vehicle
    2018 Chevy Silverado Z-71

What is it about Civics that constantly enjoy having equipment swapped out? *cough*erin*cough*

I'm loving the progress.

4. Back To Top    #14
    Real Name
    Tim
    Vehicle
    1993 Dodge Dakota, 2003 Subaru Outback

Wow! Lot's of different things going on...clearly you're a fan of the process, not just the end result. Looks good.
    Please leave your comments in the box outside my door, right underneath the sign that reads: Shame T. Llama, phD. Your thoughts are very important to me!

5. Back To Top    #15
    Real Name
    Nick
    Vehicle
    2005 Dodge Magnum R/T

That's quite the assortment of gear passing in and out of there.

I also couldn't help but notice that you were running those AP tweets in the kick panel, I'm doing something similar with a par of nak coaxials. I'm interested to know how well you got them to sound when compared to the ones in the sail panel or A-pillar configuration.
    Last edited by Hi-FiDelity; 02-15-2014 at 09:37 AM.

6. Back To Top    #16
    Real Name
    Richard

Quote Originally Posted by claydo View Post
    Cool, I've played with pl II on my home setup. Seemed to add ambience, yet for me sounded artificial. Have yet to hear it in a car tho.........glad ya like it!
    The Mrs has PL2 setup in her car too. Come on over for a demo.

7. Back To Top    #17
    Real Name
    Richard

Quote Originally Posted by AL9000 View Post
    What is it about Civics that constantly enjoy having equipment swapped out? *cough*erin*cough*

I'm loving the progress.
    Funny . The "swapping" actually (at least for me) was for one reason or another looking for something, but it did help me understand things better. But in 2013, roughly by around February or so (say a year ago), I really "slowed things down" and each "swap" was very methodical and slow. IIRC, I swapped to my current set of mid basses in March or so, and really, haven't yearned to change. The AP Nz3 widebanders in the pillars stayed up there for over a year as well, and the progression was incremental. Not even going to touch the amp discussion . And finally, as far as processing, it was a matter of identifying a piece that I was most comfortable with. All the ones I used had its pros and cons, and while the H800 is probably the "least powerful" of the bunch in terms of parametric bands, etc., its integration with my HU with a clean signal (optical and AI-net), the ease of tuning from either a laptop or the controller 1to1 functionality, and familiarity of it for both my car and MrsPapasin as well as Jim also being very familiar with it, all those reasons basically led to that decision. Look forward to meeting you next week at Freezefest!
    Last edited by papasin; 02-15-2014 at 10:02 AM.

8. Back To Top    #18
    Real Name
    Richard

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-FiDelity View Post
    That's quite the assortment of gear passing in and out of there.

I also couldn't help but notice that you were running those AP tweets in the kick panel, I'm doing something similar with a par of nak coaxials. I'm interested to know how well you got them to sound when compared to the ones in the sail panel or A-pillar configuration.
    Sorry if something above was unclear, but those were ID XS-28 tweets in the kick panels. The AP widebanders always were up in the pillars.

9. Back To Top    #19
    Real Name
    Nick
    Vehicle
    2005 Dodge Magnum R/T

Quote Originally Posted by papasin View Post
    Sorry if something above was unclear, but those were ID XS-28 tweets in the kick panels. The AP widebanders always were up in the pillars.
    My bad, though how was the imaging from them in the kicks V the AP's in the Sail/A-Pillar?

10. Back To Top    #20
    Real Name
    Richard

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-FiDelity View Post
    My bad, though how was the imaging from them in the kicks V the AP's in the Sail/A-Pillar?
    It wasn't "bad" if tuned for the seat all the way back and a bit reclined. However, I'm not exactly 6' (hehe, for those that know me, not even close) so it wasn't optimal for daily driving. I wouldn't be able to reach the clutch.