Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport

1. Back To Top    #21
    Wave Shepherd - aka Jazzi Justin Zazzi's Avatar

Re: 2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport

Quote Originally Posted by chithead View Post
    Thank you for the kind words! As you said, just trying to make the most of the limited space available.

It was an Android phone - a Samsung S7 I think? Can't even remember which model. Replaced it with an iPhone XS Max hoping that would solve the issue, then traded in the Grand Cherokee and pulled the DSR1. Didn't even get to try the iPhone.
    Cool, thank you for sharing. For what it's worth, the iOS app for the DSR1 (called Perfect Tune) is much better than the android version. I use my android with the DSR1 at the office and it's terrible, but I know a guy on the inside who's trying to make it better (me lol).
    Measure with mics, mark with chalk, cut with torch, grind to fit, sand to finish, paint to match.
    Updated Justin tuning sheet (Justin and Erica tuning companion for SMAART and REW)
    Do it for them.

2. Back To Top    #22
    Real Name
    Daniel
    Vehicle
    We don't talk about it

That is definitely good news! The DSR1 was really great far as hookup and installation, and the first couple of times tuning, couldn't have been any easier. Loved having the app on the phone instead of dragging out a laptop and all that mess just to change an EQ setting or mess with time alignment/phase real quick
    Are you not entertained?!?!

3. Back To Top    #23
    Real Name
    Eric

You know I love you like a brother, but damn, can you go through cars

4. Back To Top    #24
    Real Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    2016 Ram

Quote Originally Posted by mumbles View Post
    You know I love you like a brother, but damn, can you go through cars
    Wish I was his go-to salesman, lol.

Chit you need to make it to Al's meet with that thing next year...if you still have it next year
    They might say "don't try this at home" but nothing about not trying it at your friend's house.

5. Back To Top    #25
    Real Name
    Bobby K.
    Vehicle
    2013 Camaro 2SS/RS

Looking great, brother!!!
    Kenwood DDX9903S, Arc PS-8 w/PSC, Arc Audio 1200.6, Helix SPXL1000, Audiofrog GB12D4(2) IB, GB60, GB25, GB10

6. Back To Top    #26
    Real Name
    Daniel
    Vehicle
    We don't talk about it

Just an update - turns out one of the 6.5" woofers was blown from the get go. Guess that explains why my wife was complaining there was sometimes distortion from one side of the Wrangler. Which is why I swapped them out and gave her a Morel Maximo upgrade in there. Definitely didn't know anything was fried though. The rattling sound was apparently it acting like a passive radiator. The soundbar has a channel connecting the two sides that the factory wiring passes through. Guessing air was shuffling through and moving the blown woofer under heavy excursion from the still good one.

Replaced them both with some older XR 6.5" mids that were laying in the closet and no more rattle. Also stuffed that passage with polyfil as well. Wasn't sure what to do for replacements, upgrading to a full C7 setup was way out of the cards. Even used prices on the C5 woofers are outrageous right now. Lucked up on some of the matching 5x7/6x8" C3 woofers with 20% off at Sonic Electronix. They arrived yesterday. Will make some new baffles for them, and try this again!

So far I'm pretty impressed with how the overhead midbass is working out. Definitely can't wait to get the amps and DSP installed to really start tuning.

7. Back To Top    #27
    Real Name
    Supreme Lord Ruler
    Vehicle
    2019 Toyota Avalon

Hey chit....I rented one of these a few weeks ago when I was starting my build and leaving my car in VA and one thing I noticed was the amount of space under the front seats.........underseat midbass mayhaps?????? Just a thought. Looking good man.
    A man cannot become a hero until he can see the root of his downfall

8. Back To Top    #28
    Real Name
    Daniel
    Vehicle
    We don't talk about it

No doubt! There actually is quite a bit of space under there. The JK you could get prefab underseat 10" subwoofer enclosures. Not sure if they've done that yet with the JL/JT platform though. Pair of 8" subs though for midbass would be absolutely stellar paired to some 5.25" in the lower dash and a large tweeter up top.

9. Back To Top    #29

I’m interested in hearing how the midbass in the sound bar works once you get the dsp/amps installed and tuned. I’ve had the same idea for my Wrangler’s sound bar. There’s probably enough room under the front seats for half of the JBL Fuse Dual 8”.