Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport

1. Back To Top    #11

Re: 2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport

Awesome. That's basically what I did, but into a VXi. FYI, the max volume came out a little on the low end...I had to apply +5dB boost to the input signal on the VXi. I don't know if this is an issue with the variable optical out, or the VXi. I suspect it's VXi-specific, though, so probably not a worry for you.
    JL Rubicon: Stinger Heigh10, MiniDSP DL, Hertz Mille Legend 3-way, JL XD800/8 + XD1000/1 + 10W7 Ported @ 30Hz
    981 GT4: Mosconi Gladen One 90.8 DSP, Dynaudio MD102 Tweeters, Factory Mids, Morel MW9 Woofers

2. Back To Top    #12
    Real Name
    Daniel
    Vehicle
    We don't talk about it

That is good to know, I'll definitely pay attention to that. My biggest issue with a DSR1 previously was a very similar problem. Except, seemed like no matter how much I would adjust the volume on the input side, subwoofer output, etc... it always defaulted to a preset lower level. And would randomly delete the EQ and crossover settings when trying to connect to the DSR1 to adjust the tune. Never could figure that out. Thought maybe it was my phone not being the most compatible with the DSR1 software, as it doesn't seem others had that issue. They recommend the heck out of that Fosgate DSR1 over on some of the Ram forums.

Read nothing but good stuff about the PAC AmpPro with Toslink adapter and decided to go that route this time. Seems like the main complaint with it though is losing some of the identification ability with proximity sensors, as the OEM setup plays tones through the speaker closest to the sensor, but with optical it plays through all the speakers? Since the Gladiator has no sensors, wouldn't be much of an issue for me
    Are you not entertained?!?!

3. Back To Top    #13
    Real Name
    James
    Vehicle
    2016 Ram Lonestar

Very clean, Daniel

4. Back To Top    #14
    Real Name
    Daniel
    Vehicle
    We don't talk about it

Decided to try a little surgery on the subwoofer enclosure. As I know for absolute sure it fits behind the rear seat panel... and replicating from aluminum is definitely outside my fab skills... thinking this would make a perfect amplifier/DSP mounting rack.

The enclosure with factory subwoofer and wiring removed:

After some jigsaw work:

And a quick mock up of how the two amps and DSP could fit on there:

Looks like this should work perfectly, just have to use something sturdy to mount the amps with (especially the one that will be vertical), and a way to tidy up the wiring.

5. Back To Top    #15
    Real Name
    Alan
    Vehicle
    2018 Chevy Silverado Z-71

That's a good idea, brother

6. Back To Top    #16

Quote Originally Posted by chithead View Post
    Decided to try a little surgery on the subwoofer enclosure. As I know for absolute sure it fits behind the rear seat panel... and replicating from aluminum is definitely outside my fab skills... thinking this would make a perfect amplifier/DSP mounting rack.

The enclosure with factory subwoofer and wiring removed:

After some jigsaw work:

And a quick mock up of how the two amps and DSP could fit on there:

Looks like this should work perfectly, just have to use something sturdy to mount the amps with (especially the one that will be vertical), and a way to tidy up the wiring.

2019 Jeep Wrangler 2 Door - Morel Elate 3 way, Mmats HiFi 6150 & M2000.2, Hutchinson NDFEB 10", MiniDSP w/DL, Fiio X5

#TRUMP2020

7. Back To Top    #17

the 1100.1's got its controls 100% on the top plate. 1200.6's has most controls on top but 5+6 near the plugs. maybe put the 1100.1 on the back so you can get to 5+6 controls easier?

8. Back To Top    #18
    Real Name
    Daniel
    Vehicle
    We don't talk about it

Put the soundbar in a few weeks back and have been listening with just the stock amp still powering everything. I'll say the output is... interesting. So overhead midbass kind of works. The volume is impressive. Like, if you sit in the rear seats now, it almost makes you sick from having just midbass blasting in your face. But now they are vibrating everything apart. The dome light has fell out of place twice, and now the screws on the grille covers are working their way loose. Definitely wasn't expecting this. Will have to look into lots more dampening, and possibly some threadlocker.

9. Back To Top    #19
    Wave Shepherd - aka Jazzi Justin Zazzi's Avatar

Very interesting! I like what you're doing. Fitting a sub behind or under the rear seat is a challenge from how thin the spaces are for sure. There's also a nice factory jack mount under the seat too which'll have to go somewhere else. The "amp rack" you made is killer too haha, I love the repurposing of the enclosure.

I'm curious about the AP4-CH41. Another user Cueball has one and it worked great for a while on his RAM. Lately the module would prevent the truck from completely turning off which drains the battery overnight. I can find other users complaining about it on various forums but it seems like a rare problem.

Quote Originally Posted by chithead View Post
    My biggest issue with a DSR1 previously was a very similar problem. Except, seemed like no matter how much I would adjust the volume on the input side, subwoofer output, etc... it always defaulted to a preset lower level. And would randomly delete the EQ and crossover settings when trying to connect to the DSR1 to adjust the tune. Never could figure that out. Thought maybe it was my phone not being the most compatible with the DSR1 software, as it doesn't seem others had that issue. They recommend the heck out of that Fosgate DSR1 over on some of the Ram forums.
    I'm curious. Were you using an android or apple phone at the time?
    Measure with mics, mark with chalk, cut with torch, grind to fit, sand to finish, paint to match.
    Updated Justin tuning sheet (Justin and Erica tuning companion for SMAART and REW)
    Do it for them.

10. Back To Top    #20
    Real Name
    Daniel
    Vehicle
    We don't talk about it

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Zazzi View Post
    I'm curious. Were you using an android or apple phone at the time?
    Thank you for the kind words! As you said, just trying to make the most of the limited space available.

It was an Android phone - a Samsung S7 I think? Can't even remember which model. Replaced it with an iPhone XS Max hoping that would solve the issue, then traded in the Grand Cherokee and pulled the DSR1. Didn't even get to try the iPhone.