Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hollow / bad sounding midbass on certain songs

1. Back To Top    #11
    Wave Shepherd - aka Jazzi Justin Zazzi's Avatar

Re: Hollow / bad sounding midbass on certain songs

I wonder if you could capture the speaker misbehaving in a recording? That might help us identify the issue.

If you want to try it, it's best if you mute every speaker except the one that you're troubleshooting. Then play something that sounds right, and something that sounds wrong.
    Measure with mics, mark with chalk, cut with torch, grind to fit, sand to finish, paint to match.
    Updated Justin tuning sheet (Justin and Erica tuning companion for SMAART and REW)
    Do it for them.

2. Back To Top    #12

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Zazzi View Post
    I wonder if you could capture the speaker misbehaving in a recording? That might help us identify the issue.

If you want to try it, it's best if you mute every speaker except the one that you're troubleshooting. Then play something that sounds right, and something that sounds wrong.
    I might try that. I didn't get to mess with it too much the last few days, but I did move the sub low pass up to 100, and the midbass highpass to the same. What I noticed, again on Enter Sandman, is that as I raised the level of the sub with the H800, that same sound was coming through the sub and intensifying as I raised the sub level. Prior to changing the crossover points, I only heard it through the driver's side midbass. Again, it may have been coming through the passenger's side midbass as well, but I couldn't hear it at the time.

3. Back To Top    #13
    Real Name
    Jacob
    Vehicle
    2014 F150 Limited

Also, have you tried the same song but different source of it? Might just be the recording that is the issue too.
    2014 F150 Limited -> Kenwood DDX-9907xr -> Helix DSP.2 -> Alpine PDX-V9 -> SI M25 mki in Valicar Stuttgart Pods, Rear SB17's, Sub SI BM MKV's in MTI BOX. Alpine PDX-F6 -> SI Tm65 mkIV, SI M3 mkI in Valicar Stuttgart Pods

4. Back To Top    #14
    Real Name
    Steve
    Vehicle
    2019 Ram single cab

Maybe some certain frequencies are exciting some interior panels. I have a problem right now with that. Certain frequencies make my drivers side window buzz. I need to deaden my doors better. You can download a signal generator to your phone, and see if you can find the problem that sounds like what you are hearing with music.