Thread: 8.4 Uconnect radio keeps powering off

1. Back To Top    #1

8.4 Uconnect radio keeps powering off

Looking for some help. I recently bought a 2017 Dodge Charger, and it came with a 8.4Uconnect radio. Since I bought the car, only 3 months ago, I’ve had nothing but problems with the radio. It randomly shuts off while driving, doesn’t save any of my presets like radio stations.
    I sent the radio and factory amp to be checks and diagnosed and cost me @$1000… came back almost 3 weeks later. They said the can’t find anything wrong with either the amp or radio.

does anyone have any past experiences with this? What could the issue be? I just want to enjoy my dream car with some music…

please help me.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Real Name
    Alan
    Vehicle
    2018 Chevy Silverado Z-71

Re: 8.4 Uconnect radio keeps powering off

If it's losing presets, it's most likely losing main power to the radio. In the fuse box, there should be two fuses for the radio...constant 12v, and accessory (switched) power. Find the main radio constant 12v fuse and wiggle it to see if it feels loose. It's possible a previous owner used a fuse tap to add on an accessory, and it spread one of the terminals, making one leg of the fuse lose contact. If you wiggle it and the power to the radio goes on and off, you found the culprit. If this is the case, just use a pair of piers to slightly twist the leg of the fuse that way it goes in slightly crooked and makes constant power.