Thread: Blaupunkt Blues

1. Back To Top    #1

Blaupunkt Blues

I have a 1989 Corvette it originally came with a Bose system in it and all the amps and speakers were toast.. the person prior to me put in a single din stereo in it. I removed all the old stuff including speaker wire. I purchased a Blaupunkt Vermont72 s head unit, AMP1504 Amplifier, and a GTHS80 Powered 8" subwoofer and Infinity 6X9's doors and in the rear. It has plenty of watts to drive all 4 6x9's I have everything hooked up but the Powered Subwoofer. I was told that i could use the 1504 amp that has a bridgeable RCA connections. I plugged the powered amp RCA cables into the Output of the Amp. Did not work..So i plugged them directly to the head unit and it worked fine. So my question is: Can i use this Power sub in the current setup i have or do i need to get a new ? Thanks Dennis.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AMP 1504.jpg 
Views:	313 
Size:	90.2 KB 
ID:	16083   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SuperFlatActive Subwoofer.jpg 
Views:	207 
Size:	87.0 KB 
ID:	16084  
    Last edited by JohnnyDoggs; 07-22-2021 at 10:46 PM.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Blaupunkt Blues

You know you've got the caps off the I put on the 4ch amp, not the output right?

3. Back To Top    #3
    Real Name
    Daniel
    Vehicle
    We don't talk about it

How many RCA wires do you have?

Did you run just two channels into the FL input of the amp, or did you run four RCA from the head unit to the FL and RL Inputs of the AMP1504?

From there, you'd have to run a two channel RCA from the Output FL of the AMP1504 to the Input of the GTHS80. But the Input FL of the AMP1504 has to have signal from the head unit in order to pass on sound to the Output FL for the GTHS80.
    Are you not entertained?!?!

4. Back To Top    #4
    Real Name
    Steve
    Vehicle
    2019 Ram single cab

I don't want to criticize your gear, but honestly, that's a really cheap amp that is extremely over rated power wise. It's quite possible, considering it's price point that it's output is defective. Blaupunkt use to be decent in the 70s-90's, but I'm afraid now, it's just a name bought by a Chinese company that doesn't care about quality. These are what $70? I'd really consider an amp that is a few steps up from this. It doesn't have to be real expensive, but this is just a poor amplifier. In the mean time, just run the sub off the headunit I guess.

I'm not a gear snob by any means, but what I say is true about this amp.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbA2Vdg3uSo

5. Back To Top    #5

You are correct about the gear. I got it for good price and thought I would run with it. If they die I will replace it with a decent amp. Thank for your advice I will use it.