Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How to charge devices connected to Helix USB HEC module

1. Back To Top    #11

Re: How to charge devices connected to Helix USB HEC module

If he using genuine apple cck3. Soon as the iPad/iPhone sees the HEC-USB you’ll get the unsupported device message then the charging will stop. Even if the HEC-USB is powered from another 5v line.

I’ve modified my usb lead from the CCK3 to the usb hub so it only uses for data. The hub is powered so I didn’t want to pull any power from the ipad

2. Back To Top    #12

the unsupported message should remain but it should still charge with a charger attached to the cck3.

3. Back To Top    #13

Quote Originally Posted by nadams5755 View Post
    the unsupported message should remain but it should still charge with a charger attached to the cck3.
    I have tried this with a genuine apple CCK3 and it won’t charge the iPad. Which is why I got the Topping D10s instead.

4. Back To Top    #14

the not charging thing appeared in like ios..12 or 13? then fixed in 12.2 or 13.2, respectively? i forget the exact major version number. i filed a couple bugs with apple and charging got fixed.

5. Back To Top    #15

Quote Originally Posted by nadams5755 View Post
    the not charging thing appeared in like ios..12 or 13? then fixed in 12.2 or 13.2, respectively? i forget the exact major version number. i filed a couple bugs with apple and charging got fixed.
    It’s never been fixed as far as I know, and Doug was working with apple but it didn’t come to a solution, so I’m gonna say it never got fixed

6. Back To Top    #16

I've tried on all versions until the latest version of iOS 14 and using the Genuine Apple CCK3, it will not charge the iPhone/iPad when connected to the Helix HEC-USB. As mentioned since then I've been using the Topping D10s connected via Digital Coax to the Helix DSP flawlessly, charges with no errors.

7. Back To Top    #17

Thanks I haven't used Topping D10 yet!