Thread: EQ'ing Sub that is being fed true L+R

1. Back To Top    #1

EQ'ing Sub that is being fed true L+R

So I have my DSP sending a true left and right to my mono amp for my sub. Lets say I use REW and determine I need to cut 3db at 48Hz(ignore Q bc it doesnt matter).

Do I cut 3dB on both the L and R input? Or do I split that value across the 2 inputs. So 1.5dB cut on L and 1.5dB cut on the R. Having a hard time wrapping my head around that.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: EQ'ing Sub that is being fed true L+R

3db on both left and right inputs, Is the amp a mono? If not your not doing yourself any favours by feeding left and right independently

3. Back To Top    #3

Yes it’s a mono amp

4. Back To Top    #4

I don’t know if I made it clear enough, but I am not doing L+R in the DSP. The left signal is being sent to the L input of the amp. The R signal is being sent to the right input of the amp. So if there was a song, in which bass was only on the left side, only the left input of the mono amp would be getting a signal

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by test13371997 View Post
    I don’t know if I made it clear enough, but I am not doing L+R in the DSP. The left signal is being sent to the L input of the amp. The R signal is being sent to the right input of the amp. So if there was a song, in which bass was only on the left side, only the left input of the mono amp would be getting a signal
    I know what you meant, the end result is identical whichever way with a mono amplifier, my answer is the same

you won’t have stereo bass below 80hz though so it’s pointless, so it in the dsp or even better use splitters so you drive both inputs of the amp with identical signals and have one level control

6. Back To Top    #6
    Real Name
    Jacob
    Vehicle
    2014 F150 Limited

In your dsp, if you are using say channel 7 for left signal to sub and channel 8 for right signal to sub, link these two channels together. That way whatever you do to one, you do to the other automatically.
    2014 F150 Limited -> Kenwood DDX-9907xr -> Helix DSP.2 -> Alpine PDX-V9 -> SI M25 mki in Valicar Stuttgart Pods, Rear SB17's, Sub SI BM MKV's in MTI BOX. Alpine PDX-F6 -> SI Tm65 mkIV, SI M3 mkI in Valicar Stuttgart Pods

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by test13371997 View Post
    You should mix that in the dsp to L+R mono and use 1 dsp output and an rca Y-adapter or use 2 dsp outputs (with the same L+R mono signal).

8. Back To Top    #8

Quote Originally Posted by ckirocz28 View Post
    You should mix that in the dsp to L+R mono and use 1 dsp output and an rca Y-adapter or use 2 dsp outputs (with the same L+R mono signal).

Amp rack is already made. But it really doesnt matter. Its the same thing. Just mixed mono in the amp instead of DSP