Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Input EQ with CDSP 8x12 DL

1. Back To Top    #11

Re: Input EQ with CDSP 8x12 DL

Thank you everyone for the responses. For some reason I could not login from my pc.

The car is a 2019 10th gen Honda Accord.

I am going to try using the auto eq function on a measurement of the factory signal in REW and apply it to my first set of outputs, loop them back to the inputs which was suggested above.

When playing with REW it doesn't like to boost anything so I used a low shelf filter to boost the low end but haven't had time to apply it to the dsp.

I will play around with this and see how flat I can get it. Then re run Dirac live.

If it's not flat enough with 10 bands of eq I think I will just buy the kicker 47keyLOC which has built in auto eq, I am unsure the number of bands.

2. Back To Top    #12

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	corrected factory signl.jpg 
Views:	153 
Size:	99.6 KB 
ID:	16360
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	factory signal.jpg 
Views:	137 
Size:	121.8 KB 
ID:	16361

It needs some work but this is what I came up with.

I am not sure if the rise in response is a result of an uncalibrated soundcard or the filters I used. REW came up with a flat response.

It did not want to boost the bass so I used a shelf filter to correct for the high pass filter.

This is the stock signal coming out of a 10th gen Accord EX with the base audio system, I simply plugged a headphone to rca from the dsp to my laptop and measured.

It seems to have worked well. I am unsure if a kicker keyLOC could come up with something better?

Thank you all for the help so far!

3. Back To Top    #13
    Real Name
    Steve
    Vehicle
    2019 Ram single cab

How is the factory headunit connected to the miniDSP, through high level inputs?

4. Back To Top    #14

Yes the high level inputs are going to input 1 and 2 and output 1 and 2 which is then connected back into low level inputs 7 and 8 I believe.

5. Back To Top    #15
    Real Name
    Steve
    Vehicle
    2019 Ram single cab

That Kicker Keyloc is actually pretty cheap. I think it's worth trying out. It is supposed to be able to get rid of all pass filters too, which is surprising. With what the miniDSP with Dirac costs, it's worth investing another $120 or so to possibly get the most out of it. If something is wrong with the system, whether it be the input signal that is not good, or speakers out of phase or whatever, Dirac can't fix that. I don't do any pre-eq, just t/a and crossovers, and let it do the rest, but it has to have something correct to start with.

For quite a while, my system sounded ok, but something seemed off. I finally checked by measuring sweeps around the crossover points, and found out my midbass were out of phase with my wide bands and sub. I was pretty sure they were wired right, but I had to flip the polarity on them, and it made a huge difference.