Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Starting a long slow build

1. Back To Top    #11

Re: Starting a long slow build

Like I said…….slow. At least the build will officially start next week. The builder has finished the vehicles in line in front of me. Sandblasting will start next week. Decided to relocate the motor behind the cab and talking about moving the radiator to the back as well. That will leave the firewall completely open to pushing forward if needed. Also completely open for speakers/subwoofers. There is a possibility of lifting the hood/grill to see the business end of an SI24” true ib. Or at least a 15”………..or two. Bass up front shouldn’t pose a problem.

2. Back To Top    #12

I know it’s not audio related but I got this gas cap in the other day for the truck.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0CD935B1-CE6E-44E7-B5DE-CB3647E3EC1B.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	98.9 KB 
ID:	16221   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	9E485325-8204-4975-85D9-477DDAE11A9F.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	101.2 KB 
ID:	16222  

3. Back To Top    #13

Also finally got my custom made Dakota Digital gauge cluster.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	9096D86A-FC0B-425D-876E-243A17455586.jpg 
Views:	111 
Size:	67.6 KB 
ID:	16223  

4. Back To Top    #14

Alright, anyone who knows me expects me to completely change my mind if I feel I have come up with a better plan. Only difference this time is I haven’t started the fabrication yet.
    Through the help of friends I have tracked down the zapco amps that Matt roberts modified for me to go into my Buick riviera build. So amps will be 4- 200.2 and 1- 1100.1.
    The speakers have taken a turn as well. With the engine and radiator getting relocated behind the cab I can mount all the drivers on the firewall at dash height which is several inches forward of the windshield. The midrange/tweeter is a seas excel c18en002 point source driver. I have been working with ErinH on the drivers performance vs application. It should be an excellent fit in this system. The woofer will be an acoustic elegance ib15au. It will be true ib. All the drivers will be visible by opening the hood/grill.