Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 LastLast

Thread: Not looking good for Trump, or Biden, or DIYMA...

1. Back To Top    #231

Re: Not looking good for Trump, or Biden, or DIYMA...

Quote Originally Posted by Euphonic View Post
    For him to be an adult and say "no, that's a stupid bet"

Because he could have said "no, that's a stupid bet"

Wasn't the bet I was originally going to ask for, but the other seemed harsh and also wasn't monetary. Even if they were monetary bets, I could have asked for $50k and he would have taken the bet. Do you think he'd actually pay?
    You expected him to say "no" to the "stupid" bet, and "yes" to the $50k bet. I'm not sure I follow your logic.

I would have been surprised if he hadn't accepted the "stupid" bet, because it seemed to me that he truly believed that whole Q white-hat military narrative. I would have been very surprised if he had taken the $50k bet though, because nobody could be $50k sure about a future event, and nobody would ever believe the other person wouldn't automatically welch - making it a pointless bet. My impression of David is that he is an honorable person, and that is my impression of you as well. I have no way of knowing, of course, but I'd like to think that David would pay whatever amount he agreed to pay.
    "That's all, folks!"

2. Back To Top    #232
    Vehicle
    2016 Ford Escape SE & 2020 Nissan Rogue SV

Quote Originally Posted by Grinder View Post
    You expected him to say "no" to the "stupid" bet, and "yes" to the $50k bet. I'm not sure I follow your logic.
    The terms of the bet were irrelevant. It could of been the moon, he was still taking the bet because he felt (and may still feel) like it's a bet he couldn't (can't) lose because he was (is) right. I could have suggested that we bet left thumbs and he still would have said yes. Would I have expected him to mail me his thumb? Absolutely not. I wouldn't have expected a $50k transfer, I don't expect him or want him to leave the forum, and I don't expect him to admit he was wrong on January 5th.

I have no way of knowing, of course, but I'd like to think that David would pay whatever amount he agreed to pay.
    I don't know, ask him.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidRam View Post
    I have some ongoing bets on whether or not Trump is the legitimate president and that he WILL be recognized as such soon (within the calendar year 2021). You are welcome to get on that bet if you'd like.
    When does he need to start paying?

3. Back To Top    #233

The terms of the bet were irrelevant. It could of been the moon, he was still taking the bet because he felt (and may still feel) like it's a bet he couldn't (can't) lose because he was (is) right. I could have suggested that we bet left thumbs and he still would have said yes. Would I have expected him to mail me his thumb? Absolutely not. I wouldn't have expected a $50k transfer, I don't expect him or want him to leave the forum, and I don't expect him to admit he was wrong on January 5th.
    You've made a number of assumptions about what David would and wouldn't do...

I don't know, ask him. ....
    You keep saying he wouldn't pay, and now you don't know...

You claim to not want David off the forum, yet your "stupid" bet proposed just that. I'm not a mind-reader, I can only guess your intent based on your words. I'll take you at your word that that's not what you wanted. You might have been more explicit on that.

I've said all I have to say on this. I was only trying to help, but I shouldn't have stuck my nose in this to begin with.
    "That's all, folks!"

4. Back To Top    #234
    Vehicle

Somebody…anybody…

Am I the only person confused by this exchange? I guess maybe this will clear it up:

You've made a number of assumptions about what David would and wouldn't do...
    No, I’m saying I don’t give a shit what he does.

You keep saying he wouldn't pay, and now you don't know...
    I’m saying I don’t care who or if he pays.

You claim to not want David off the forum, yet your "stupid" bet proposed just that. I'm not a mind-reader, I can only guess your intent based on your words. I'll take you at your word that that's not what you wanted. You might have been more explicit on that.
    I don’t care about the bet. Is any of this clear yet? For someone who claims not to have picked a side, you act like you have a lot invested…

I've said all I have to say on this. I was only trying to help, but I shouldn't have stuck my nose in this to begin with.
    Cool…

5. Back To Top    #235

Am I the only person confused by this exchange?
    Go back and read your own words. You are either confused or disingenuous. I'll leave you to figure that out.
    "That's all, folks!"

6. Back To Top    #236
    Vehicle

No, I’m confused as to why you’re trying to pick a fight about this childish shit after several months.

7. Back To Top    #237

No, I’m confused as to why you’re trying to pick a fight about this childish shit after several months.
    SMH...
    "That's all, folks!"

8. Back To Top    #238
    Vehicle

That’s not an answer.

9. Back To Top    #239

Saw this posted at the other place and thought I'd go ahead and post it here. Slim chance?

"That's all, folks!"

10. Back To Top    #240

Lmao, this pathetic nonsense of him being reinstated is just
    Attachment 16330