Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Looks like the original spirit of Nakamichi isn't so dead after all.

1. Back To Top    #11
    Real Name
    Nick
    Vehicle
    2005 Dodge Magnum R/T

Re: Looks like the original spirit of Nakamichi isn't so dead after all.

Quote Originally Posted by chithead View Post
    I still say you and me should be guinea pigs with this new Nakamichi stuff
    I'm totally game I can get a NA788 and a pair of NC-H602's stateside and for a reasonable price.

2. Back To Top    #12
    Real Name
    Alan
    Vehicle
    2018 Chevy Silverado Z-71

3. Back To Top    #13
    Real Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    2016 Ram

My question is how do the new Nak units compare to their more well known competitors (Kenwood, Pioneer, Alpine, JVC, Sony)?
    They might say "don't try this at home" but nothing about not trying it at your friend's house.

4. Back To Top    #14

If the original spirit of Nak was alive, they wouldn't even care to be compared to those companies.
    Nick

5. Back To Top    #15
    Real Name
    Nick
    Vehicle
    2005 Dodge Magnum R/T

Quote Originally Posted by n_olympios View Post
    If the original spirit of Nak was alive, they wouldn't even care to be compared to those companies.
    Agreed, it would be insulting to even mention them in the same sentence.

Honestly their HU's look pretty decent, I'm on the lookout for a NA788 to replace my pio.

6. Back To Top    #16

On the other hand, and to be fair (even if a bit cruel), the old Naks were on a league of their own - in reliability.
    Nick

7. Back To Top    #17
    Real Name
    Nick
    Vehicle
    2005 Dodge Magnum R/T

Quote Originally Posted by n_olympios View Post
    On the other hand, and to be fair (even if a bit cruel), the old Naks were on a league of their own - in reliability.
    As much as I would love to disagree; their dedicated CD decks were "finicky" to put it lightly, the tape decks on the other hand were pretty reliable and the changers weren't took bad either.

8. Back To Top    #18

Has anyone tried the NA788 yet? Thinking about grabbing one. Been doing some research on the Phonic branded units and it appears JBL put out some similar units in India that were deemed ok. May not mean anything, but I've read as much as possible.

9. Back To Top    #19

Don't bother with it,,, took the plunge and it got sent back the same day. Never even hooked up. The instructions was meh. Some info, but obviously a watered down deck compared to other basic units. I'm not even sure of what it's usb search functions were capable of. The left side usb doesn't even read music. Just a phone charger. The covers to the usb ports are cheaply fitted. The look of the unit is not properly represented in the pics. Buttons were shiny, not matte (which was a major turnoff). Despite the the few reviews available on Amazon (which happened to be all positive), I still could not come to terms in keeping the unit so trash that idea of trying one.

10. Back To Top    #20
    Real Name
    Nick
    Vehicle
    2005 Dodge Magnum R/T

Quote Originally Posted by Bayboy View Post
    Don't bother with it,,, took the plunge and it got sent back the same day. Never even hooked up. The instructions was meh. Some info, but obviously a watered down deck compared to other basic units. I'm not even sure of what it's usb search functions were capable of. The left side usb doesn't even read music. Just a phone charger. The covers to the usb ports are cheaply fitted. The look of the unit is not properly represented in the pics. Buttons were shiny, not matte (which was a major turnoff). Despite the the few reviews available on Amazon (which happened to be all positive), I still could not come to terms in keeping the unit so trash that idea of trying one.
    That's a shame, it looked so nice in the pics and the specs seemed decent for what it was suppose to be. Though yeah after seeing some units on ebay I have to say the was I'm not to impressed with it visually. Would still like to hear those point source drivers and mess with those DSP amps though.