Page 59 of 69 FirstFirst ... 9495758596061 ... LastLast

Thread: claydo's rebuild log..........

1. Back To Top    #581
    Real Name
    Jason
    Vehicle
    2015 Audi S4

Re: claydo's rebuild log..........

Sweet! Those tweets just work in your car....you could certainly get others to work as well, but why futz with perfection? We need to get together again soon and just listen to favorite tracks in your car. I've got a whole bunch of stuff you might like to listen to.

2. Back To Top    #582

Thanks jason! To be honest it was mostly just impatience and laziness......lol. My beloved old vifas wouldn't fit without a sail panel rebuild, and I started looking for something that would fit in the current sails, but I've never bought a tweet just for its physical dimensions, lol, and was afraid of the results if I did. As disappointed as I was with the failure of the tweet being powered nowhere near it's limit, and using the specs, a safe crossover point, I knew I loved the morels sound, and it was drop in replacement.........so I brushed back my anger towards them and ordered another. I retuned with a higher 3.1k crossover, and was happy for a few weeks.......but, and I say this with hesitation, I was tuning last night and realized something. I like these tweets crossed at 3.1k, I LOVE these tweets at 2k.........when dropped down into that zone they absolutely come alive........adding a layer of realism, a crispness, texture you can almost feel to vocals........ugh.......so now there right back where I had em....in the "danger zone".....(lmao, you ever watch the show archer?). Ditto on the getting together, especially if I get my tune back right, I really dug the tune from your gtg, yet failed to log it in my notes.... . Now that I get off work at 4 pm, maybe one evening your at home I could just swing by.......just let me know, I always enjoy your musical selections! I may not have it playing for much longer tho......last night while tuning I was getting frustrated with my midbass..........the doors is such a shitty place for midbass imaging.......oh no, here we go again!

3. Back To Top    #583
    Vehicle
    BMW 530I E39

I am glad they worked out! So far. I know that they and most tweeters don't like square waves so if something is clipping in line which can be hard to here on the tweets at volume will fry them even when underpowered on an active system. Especially when they get closer to the limit playing lower which is their strong suit but can increase the susceptibility to damage when driven hard. You are like me and enjoy that slap your momma dynamics! Also I always recommend a cap for protection even active. I hope this helps because they are incredible dropped down into the 2k zone they really shine! I finally got the Mazda about right a little EQing to do. I should one day finish up the bimmer. Lol

4. Back To Top    #584
    Real Name
    Hic
    Vehicle
    99 Contour SVT

If you can use a dedicated channel for each tweet along with a separate gain on each tweet ... Ideal !
    Viewing Smilies , you trying to access privileged system?¤Somewhere 0ut There¤}]

5. Back To Top    #585

Indeed hic, they've got their own channel.......and while the amps gains are grouped front and rear, the head unit has individual levels......

6. Back To Top    #586
    Vehicle
    BMW 530I E39

Clay whazzup?

7. Back To Top    #587
    Real Name
    Daniel
    Vehicle
    We don't talk about it

Are you not entertained?!?!

8. Back To Top    #588

Quote Originally Posted by silkyslim View Post
    Clay whazzup?
    Ah shit.......sup chad! How ya been?

Quote Originally Posted by chithead View Post
    Damn that's slim! You stuffing these in the wrx?

9. Back To Top    #589
    Vehicle
    BMW 530I E39

Clay life's very busy but doin well can't complain just fun time shrunk.

10. Back To Top    #590

Quote Originally Posted by silkyslim View Post
    Clay life's very busy but doin well can't complain just fun time shrunk.
    Sounds familiar lol.....