Quote Originally Posted by geolemon View Post
This is just one of those compromises related to maximizing my system while minimizing it's footprint, keeping all the utility that led me to fall in love with this car. Looking for suggestions on keeping my amps isolated from the vibrations - and there will be vibrations. It's a sealed box, I'll probably be running my 12W7, but also have a GTi 12 and a few XBL^2 prototypes and a Brahma 12. Something with monster excursion will be shaking things up.

Looking for ideas on how to facilitate this plan without shaking the coils off my amp's circuit boards:

Here's what happened -
I started down the path of framing out that box - it started with a plan to 'glass a box into the cavity behind the rear wheel on the passenger side, and flowing into some empty area below the hatch floor to one side of the spare tire. I was planning to use the mirror of that empty area on the driver side for my amp rack - but it's really not much space. Fitting a DSP and finding 11 channels of amps that will all fit in about a 10" x 20" rectangle is... ambitious.

Epiphany - lots of cars these days don't have a spare tire. "Hey, I could work in a pump/slime/plug emergency kit and ditch my spare!"

First thought was to just make the box use half the tire space on the passenger side, and I'd have half the space on the other side. It's still an option, it just results in an odd-shape floor that I'd have to build a flat surface over - it basically wastes half the tire well below. So as soon as you start thinking about using that space for the sub box also...

Second thought happens: I could have both a larger box and larger amp rack by 'glassing the spare tire well ALL the way across - then I need to mount the amp rack on top.
If I go this route - yes, the sub itself is way on the passenger side and this is technically just one wall of the box, but I'm concerned about vibrations.

I've inadvertently got a lifetime supply of CCF (anyone need any? ) - I thought one option might be to bond CCF to the sub box, then bond 1/2" birch ply to that. The downside to that is that I just added nearly an inch to the height of this stack that I'm trying to keep at stock-hatch height. I'm also not sure I'd trust CCF adhesive to stay bonded to wood over the long haul.

Does anyone have any good suggestions for decoupling an amp rack?
TheTodd already posted similar products, but here is a video from Car Audio Fabrication on this subject and the link to the product they used. There are some measurements of the isolators on the Amazon page, scroll through the pics.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NtYnmlghEJU
https://www.amazon.com/Yosoo-Absorbe...ge=en_US&psc=1