Thread: Need HELP!! - Dodge wiring

1. Back To Top    #1

Need HELP!! - Dodge wiring

Hello everyone,

Thankfully I came across your forum, but still can’t find the answer to my question so hopefully someone will reply and will be been thankful.

I recently bought a 2019 Dodge Durango R/T with the factory Alpine 9 speaker system. I want to put my JL audio power wedge in it but cannot find the CORRECT wiring diagram anywhere. At this point I am not going to replace door speakers so I don’t want to tear into trim panels to get wiring colors.

I would like to tap my LC2i behind the HU or in the left quarter panel is the amplifier. Problem is I cannot find the right wire colors I need. I had seen many sights with conflicting info and conflicting opinions (Tap into tweeter vs tapping into door woofer). I’d like to do it once and have a nice outcome than do rework until it sounds right.

Needless to say it has been frustrating to find a simple answer so any assistance would be very appropriated.

cheers

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Need HELP!! - Dodge wiring

This doesn't really answer your question, but personally, I would use a PAC AmpPro Sub to integrate an aftermarket sub into the OEM system.

https://catalog.pac-audio.com/catalo...ces/apsub-ch41

Yes, it's a $150 expense, but it handles everything for you and just gives you clean, line-level outputs for your sub - along with a sub knob to control the level of it.

Or - if there is any chance that you will be adding aftermarket amps and speakers other than the sub in the future, maybe just spend a little extra and get the full AmpPro:

https://catalog.pac-audio.com/catalo...faces/ap4-ch41

These devices are very nice and make it so you don't need to worry about factory integration issues (no bass roll-off for the sub, for example).

3. Back To Top    #3
    Vehicle
    2016 Ford Escape SE & 2020 Nissan Rogue SV

If you're just looking for a low pass signal you can use to add a subwoofer, just use the wires at the factory subwoofer enclosure for signal.

4. Back To Top    #4

Thanks for the responses. For now I have tapped into the factory sub but will definitely look into the AmPro!
    Many thanks for the assistance!