Thread: New from New Jersey

1. Back To Top    #1
    Real Name
    Dan
    Vehicle
    2014 Kia Sorento EX

Smile New from New Jersey

came from the other car audio site to explore things here.

Am gearing up to eventually embark on upgrading my Sorento with an enthusiast-grade audio system.

I've been collecting the gear for years, but have always been short on time.

I tend to gravitate towards practical, time-efficient practices of implementation. I enjoy the musings of Erin H, Justin Zazzi and even the loved/not-so-loved Andy W.

I'm hopeful that I'll get my gear in before the end of 2021, but have no idea on whether that will in fact happen.

I'm not a competitor. I briefly worked as an installer for an above average quality incarnation of Circuit City some 20 years ago. We often fixed other Circuit City's shop's messes.

I'm a tinkerer. So, my forthcoming install will be centered around a DSP. As such, I'll be looking to learn the ways of the DSP.

Am certainly also interested in getting acquainted with another other locals.

Unfortunately, or maybe fortunately Nick Apicella is a few hours away

2. Back To Top    #2
    Real Name
    Alan
    Vehicle
    2018 Chevy Silverado Z-71

Re: New from New Jersey

There's another car audio site?

3. Back To Top    #3
    Real Name
    Greg
    Vehicle
    2014 Ford F150

Quote Originally Posted by steelwindmachine View Post
    came from the other car audio site to explore things here.

Am gearing up to eventually embark on upgrading my Sorento with an enthusiast-grade audio system.

I've been collecting the gear for years, but have always been short on time.

I tend to gravitate towards practical, time-efficient practices of implementation. I enjoy the musings of Erin H, Justin Zazzi and even the loved/not-so-loved Andy W.

I'm hopeful that I'll get my gear in before the end of 2021, but have no idea on whether that will in fact happen.

I'm not a competitor. I briefly worked as an installer for an above average quality incarnation of Circuit City some 20 years ago. We often fixed other Circuit City's shop's messes.

I'm a tinkerer. So, my forthcoming install will be centered around a DSP. As such, I'll be looking to learn the ways of the DSP.

Am certainly also interested in getting acquainted with another other locals.

Unfortunately, or maybe fortunately Nick Apicella is a few hours away
    Im in the process of doing a DSP system in my truck. Another audiophile told me to look into the Helix DSP Mini. I was at first looking at other brands, like Audio Control. They even have some Amplifier / DSP combinations that make it easier to put together. I was also an installer in my early 20s. I still have questions. Good luck.

4. Back To Top    #4
    Real Name
    Dan
    Vehicle
    2014 Kia Sorento EX

Since my initial posting I've acquired a Helix DSP Mini I just haven't installed it yet.

5. Back To Top    #5
    Real Name
    Dan
    Vehicle
    2014 Kia Sorento EX

since my last posting, I sold off the Helix Mini DSP, acquired a pair of Morel MW6 drivers for ultra cheap, am going to investigate a-pillar speaker install options and hold off on further DSP/gear buying until I'm ready to move forward. I'm sure there will be new and different tech out by the time I'm ready...it's going to be a while.

I also want to give a recommendation to Nick at Apicella Sound/Vanguard. He's a a great asset to the hobby and should you be in a position to afford an installer, he's exceptional!