Thread: Getting Back to My First Loves

1. Back To Top    #1

Smile Getting Back to My First Loves

So, I was in car stereos way back in the late 80s - early 90s. Got married, had kids and, well as they say, everything else came before stereos and cars. 30 years later, still married to the same beautiful woman, but the kids are grown and now I am getting back into my passion. I have an 84 S10 that I inherited 20 years ago from my grandfather when he passed and it has been sitting for a while. Going to make a nice little lowrider out of it with a whole lotta sound. Once I get started on it, I will get a build log going.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Real Name
    Daniel
    Vehicle
    We don't talk about it

Re: Getting Back to My First Loves

Yes! Can't wait to see this one. Welcome to the best mobile audio forum on the interweb!

Neighbor at our previous house had a 85 S-10 longbed that was super slammed. Had the bedcap on it too. Looked killer with the blue and white two tone patina and later 90s wheels on there. But after he did a 305 swap... whoa mama. Had the looks and the growl to back it up.
    Are you not entertained?!?!

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Getting Back to My First Loves

Thanks chithead. It will take me a while, but it will look good.

I am looking for a bed cap and due to the age, companies like ARE, Snug Top and Leer are no longer making them. I am actually watching a lot of YouTube videos on how to make my own mold, cause I think that their is a niche market for the discontinued stuff. I know how to make the mold, then make products from those molds. My only issue is that I can't find a video showing how they put the piece on those clamps to the bed. If I had an image of that area, I could probably figure it out. I know that a Leer video I watched shows it gets attached as the very last step before the it gets shipped out the door, but they dont show how.