Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone run REW on Raspberry Pi?

1. Back To Top    #11

Re: Anyone run REW on Raspberry Pi?

Sweet - what did you use for the menu programming?

Love the IP camera stream. I need to do that - got 2 Tapo cams and want to record onto a HDD through a PI using the RTSP feed but not found a way yet.

Will see if I can get mine running right first - the SSH is flaky and slow which I think is either my network or the wifi adaptor on the PI.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Back To Top    #12

Quote Originally Posted by SiW80 View Post
    Sweet - what did you use for the menu programming?

Love the IP camera stream. I need to do that - got 2 Tapo cams and want to record onto a HDD through a PI using the RTSP feed but not found a way yet.

Will see if I can get mine running right first - the SSH is flaky and slow which I think is either my network or the wifi adaptor on the PI.

I have a Reolink NVR and 6 PoE cameras, so it's easy to intercept the camera stream as long as the Pi is on the network.

The software is Home Assistant, and I did a lite install so I give up a few niceties, but I was doing all my file editing in Nano via SSH anyway, so really no sacrifice. I did the lite install to force me to use Linux 100% via command line. I've never been a Linux guy so this was more of an exercise for me.

They have a built-in tool called Lovelace to create menus, and I stole some open source icons that were compatible with their controls.

Check it out - pretty much any YouTube video on Lovelace or Home Assistant is a way more impressive setup than mine. It's got a lot built in - mostly it scans your network to find smart devices automatically.

The cameras I had to set up (but that was as easy as plugging in their PoE URLs), but ALL these it found automatically (note the list is scrolled)

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

3. Back To Top    #13

REW does work on it and not so sluggish using X11 rather than VNC