Thread: Newbie from San Diego calif. trying to crank out some serious rock n roll in my truck

1. Back To Top    #1

Newbie from San Diego calif. trying to crank out some serious rock n roll in my truck

I have 1986 gmc crewcab dually and I m trying to blow the windows out of it !) Components are as follow s:
    Alpine stereo, 980w rms 5 channel amp 120x4 +500x1
    @2ohm - 80x4 + 300x1 @ 4ohm, 2 JL audio 12w1v3-2woofers under rear seat , now I need to fill the 6.5" holes
    In all 4 doors with some kind of full range speakers.I would appreciate some knowledgable suggestions on some good speakers that sound great cranking metal music and compliment my build! Thanx I'm all ears !

2. Back To Top    #2
    Real Name
    Daniel
    Vehicle
    We don't talk about it

Re: Newbie from San Diego calif. trying to crank out some serious rock n roll in my t

Welcome to the best mobile audio forum on the interweb!!!

Are you just looking for some passive component speakers or coaxials?

My recommendation immediately is going to be Morel Maximo - 6.5" comps up front, 6.5" coax in back. Dampen and seal up those doors, then commence with the headbanging.

Are you not entertained?!?!

3. Back To Top    #3
    Real Name
    Bobby K.
    Vehicle
    2013 Camaro 2SS/RS

Re: Newbie from San Diego calif. trying to crank out some serious rock n roll in my t

Welcome! If you are just wanting to get silly loud, take a look at PRV Audio website, on the “deals” page. High efficiency pro audio drivers.
    Kenwood DDX9903S, Arc PS-8 w/PSC, Arc Audio 1200.6, Helix SPXL1000, Audiofrog GB12D4(2) IB, GB60, GB25, GB10