Thread: Fi IB315 V2 query

1. Back To Top    #1

Fi IB315 V2 query

Has anyone ordered this model recently? How long did it take to arrive?
    Toppin D10 DAC, Alpine 9853 Head Unit, Dayton DSP 408, Stetsom HL1200.4 x2, Stetsom EX3500 x1, Ground Zero GZUT 25SQX Tweeters, Ground Zero GZUF 60SQ Mids, Polk Audio db6501 Midbass, Power Bass 3xl 12" x2

2. Back To Top    #2

Real Name
    Glenn (GLN305)
    Vehicle
    1996 Dodge Dakota Reg Cab

Re: Fi IB315 V2 query

Quote Originally Posted by vectrasoundz View Post
    Has anyone ordered this model recently? How long did it take to arrive?
    Does Fi has a website?
    "Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."
    -Albert Einstein

3. Back To Top    #3

They do, they have a longer wait because of covid so I wanted to know if it matched what they have on the website.
    Toppin D10 DAC, Alpine 9853 Head Unit, Dayton DSP 408, Stetsom HL1200.4 x2, Stetsom EX3500 x1, Ground Zero GZUT 25SQX Tweeters, Ground Zero GZUF 60SQ Mids, Polk Audio db6501 Midbass, Power Bass 3xl 12" x2

4. Back To Top    #4
    Vehicle
    2018 Nissan Frontier

Patience is a virtue when dealing with Fi. Great gear, good company but they are not known to be very quick in delivery or customer correspondence. Most people find them worth the wait, but wait, you almost certainly will.

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by blockrocker View Post
    Patience is a virtue when dealing with Fi. Great gear, good company but they are not known to be very quick in delivery or customer correspondence. Most people find them worth the wait, but wait, you almost certainly will.
    The whole truth, sent them two emails and no reply.

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by vectrasoundz View Post
    The whole truth, sent them two emails and no reply.
    I just dont understand companies that have bad service like this. Car audio is a shrinking industry, you would think a company would trip over any contact from anyone even if you are a mom and pop. Most people that dont receive a response email just move on and buy someone else. My buddy had a business and had to be in the back big portions of the day. He hired a couple of college kids to man the phone and email during times he had to be in the back. They were cheap and it allowed him to not miss a customer and still do his work.

7. Back To Top    #7
    Vehicle
    2018 Nissan Frontier

I'm certainly not defending the lack of communication. I would tend to agree with everything jroo said. I have owned Fi subs before and have dealt with the company a few times. They are tough to deal with. Thus my first comment. I have also noticed they have shifted the product line considerably over the last year. From over a dozen different subs down to just three types. That's probably a good thing. However, it leaves more questions then answers, obviously. Since you're looking for an IB sub, that limits your options, so I can understand the frustration with Fi. In the defense of a company that ultimately delivered me a tremendous woofer, that continues to pound to this day, they are just a small company. They build hundreds of woofers, by hand, each year with a team in the single digits. Covid restrictions, production and material delays, plus normal, small business stuff can lead to some innocents falling threw the cracks. (not defending - just saying)
    PSI for example, just reopened after being unable to even take new orders for nearly a year. Food for thought.

8. Back To Top    #8

Makes perfect sense, I reached out on facebook and got a reply, waiting on a shipping quote now.